What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Lucifer - binged watched from S1 and up to date at S5 pt 1.

Very good, but the murder of the week, especially in the earlier seasons, began to grate. 2 mins of celestial stuff, murder of the week, finish with 2 mins of celestial stuff.

Tom Ellis is great as Lucifer, although after reading up on his personal life, seems he's a bit a tw@t and put me off him a bit. Lauren/Chloe is stunning, even got a thing for the shrink :)

Ella - fricking annoying, but when Eve turned up - wow:

tumblr_pqj220F5qs1r0ecrho8_250.gifv

Soldato
Just started Prodigal Son, pretty formulaic cop/strange randomer solves murders type thing. Started quite well but has tailed off into "guff" territory after 4 or 5 episodes. Think will just keep to watch when we have nothing better.

Yeah we're watching this, it's nice filler TV. Michael Sheen as the batcrap loony dad is engaging otherwise your normal procedural with a twist.

Just finished Wolf Hall which was absolutely ace. Reading the book too, very faithful if abridged adaption.

Soldato
Just binged End of the ****cking World - what a great show. The acting from the two leads blew me away, and loved the music. When it first came out I turned off during first episode thinking it was too dark for me, but glad I tried again.

I remember this coming out on TV and we ended up binging it in a day, wasn't what we were expecting, but somehow kept you hooked.

Was recommended to watch Scorpion. I did struggle with the first couple of episodes - the premise just seemed a bit stupid. But it did eventually grow on me and now can say it's well worth watching.

Soldato
Ah interesting, i think i gave up sometime around season 2, but always wondered how it kept going for so long!
Season 2 was when it got amazing, imo!

First episode of s1 was terrible, I nearly junked it halfway through, and the rest of S1 was merely ok to good. After that, though, it's been great.

Though I'm behind now, waiting for newer series to hit Prime.

Associate
Tom Ellis is great as Lucifer, although after reading up on his personal life, seems he's a bit a tw@t and put me off him a bit. Lauren/Chloe is stunning, even got a thing for the shrink :)

I've not read the source material so I can't say if it's supposed to be like this... but he's always been the weakest bit of the show to me, he plays Lucifer super camp, like a character from one of those Carry On old TV shows ... I figured maybe it didn't hit Americans in the same way so they were fine with it, but maybe it's just me ... even a fun having kind of devil I'd expect to have much more presence and menace.

Soldato
I've just started watching The Leftovers having seen in a few articles that it is supposed to be 'amazing' and 'one of the greatest series of all time'. Struggling to see that right now, but I've only watched one episode! :)

Permabanned
I've not read the source material so I can't say if it's supposed to be like this... but he's always been the weakest bit of the show to me, he plays Lucifer super camp, like a character from one of those Carry On old TV shows ... I figured maybe it didn't hit Americans in the same way so they were fine with it, but maybe it's just me ... even a fun having kind of devil I'd expect to have much more presence and menace.

He is essentially a modern Kenneth Williams. :p

Decent show for a couple of series then its pretty rubbish.

Soldato
I've just started watching The Leftovers having seen in a few articles that it is supposed to be 'amazing' and 'one of the greatest series of all time'. Struggling to see that right now, but I've only watched one episode! :)

I remember watching the first episode of The Leftovers and thinking it was an absolutely excellent pilot episode, I never watched another episode though and can't think why.

Soldato
I remember watching the first episode of The Leftovers and thinking it was an absolutely excellent pilot episode, I never watched another episode though and can't think why.
Well, I guess it's worked in that it's piqued my interest. But the sect, or cult or whatever seemed a bit iffy to me. But I'm sure there'll be lots of stuff to explore there! I do worry whenever I see Damon Lindelof's name on things though.

Soldato

I thought he was great when playing Mr Morningstar nightclub owner, but yes, i was hoping for more 'presence' when needing to be the Devil - he was basically the same bar red eyes. Not threatening, commanding, but more, "Ooooh Matron" like you say :)

Soldato
Stick with it, it's fantastic :)

One of my favourite shows from recent years.
I watched the third episode last night. The Christopher Eccleston one. Bit slow but found it the best one so far. I find one of the characters very distracting as I can’t separate him from being Johnson from Peep Show... :eek:

Associate
Highly reccommmend:

Altered Carbon - Netflix
Black Sails(GoT pirate version) - Amazon
Black Mirror (Black Christmas and San Junipero episodes as each episode is a different story) - Netflix

Im currently trying to get back into Fear the Walking Dead again after not making it past season 1 originally. Im now on season 3 and its looking upwards definitely.

Soldato
Im currently trying to get back into Fear the Walking Dead again after not making it past season 1 originally. Im now on season 3 and its looking upwards definitely.

Stop there - once they meet the current WD timeline it takes a walk off a cliff.

They should have just renamed it to The Morgan Show filmed with a sh!tty camera.

Last edited:
Associate
Stop there - once they meet the current WD timeline it takes a walk off a cliff.

They should have just renamed it too to The Morgan Show filmed with a sh!tty camera.

Aw man no way. Ill give it a bit longer bit may look for something else in the meantime. Plenty of suggestions on here thankfully.

Appreciate the heads up though :)

Soldato
Aw man no way. Ill give it a bit longer bit may look for something else in the meantime. Plenty of suggestions on here thankfully.

Appreciate the heads up though :)

Yeah, we're still watching, but a shame they time jumped - i was enjoying it as a standalone series.

S1 of WD: World Beyond has just finished if you didn't know:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10148174/

Not the best, but set 10 years after the outbreak and we get to see more of the CRM etc.

Associate
Yeah, we're still watching, but a shame they time jumped - i was enjoying it as a standalone series.

S1 of WD: World Beyond has just finished if you didn't know:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10148174/

Not the best, but set 10 years after the outbreak and we get to see more of the CRM etc.

I knew World Beyond had started but a buddy said it wasn't great. Would be good to start a show and not need to catch up for 3-4 season though. Ill look into it.

Honestly ill probably be so tied up in the nect few weeks ill get to watch nothing :/

Back
Top Bottom