• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The lack of updates from here is laughable. What's with the constant news of shipping from people on certain cards yet no update from Gibbo of them ever even coming in? ie. The zotac for example, and the MSI trio's last week along with others. This company is a joke.
I really don't think they care, wouldn't be surprised if they've just stopped trying to get them just because of the way people are ripping in to them[reviews etc]

Associate
Hey there - so my 3080 finally arrived (hurrah!). Wasn't it supposed to come with a copy of the new Watch Dogs?

I ordered my graphics card on launch day (about an hour after a friend who got his digital code), but have not seen one. Any idea?

Thanks

Even if they had any codes left, the Watch Dogs redemption period ended yesterday so the code would be useless.

Associate
I really don't think they care, wouldn't be surprised if they've just stopped trying to get them just because of the way people are ripping in to them[reviews etc]

Ocuk would be mental to do this, I mean this must already be impacting sales, but if what I’m understanding your saying is that OCUK are blaming the customers for purchasing something they allowed preorder/orders on #ocuklogic

Associate
Ocuk would be mental to do this, I mean this must already be impacting sales, but if what I’m understanding your saying is that OCUK are blaming the customers for purchasing something they allowed preorder/orders on #ocuklogic
Just seems strange that supply has been worse the longer we go and other places seem to be getting a lot more stock, they are either not trying or they are not the big shot company they claim to be.

Associate
The fact that there are more 3090's available makes me wonder if nVidia are hoping people will just buy them instead, so they can make more money. I do not blame OcUK for what has happened, or how it has been handled. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. Whatever they did to try and alleviate the issue, there would be people yelling at them about it.

At this point, having tried to get a 6800XT, i'll be trying for a 6900XT.

@Gibbo don't suppose you'd let me buy one of the 6800XT's you have? You said you had a delivery of some, but not enough to be worth putting on sale given the demand. it is my birthday after all. you'd let me buy one right? PM me! I promise I won't post about it if you do :D (it's worth a try, right?)

Associate
Hey there - so my 3080 finally arrived (hurrah!). Wasn't it supposed to come with a copy of the new Watch Dogs?

I ordered my graphics card on launch day (about an hour after a friend who got his digital code), but have not seen one. Any idea?

Thanks

I ordered at 15:12 on 17/09 and no code for me. They have distributed them on dispatch date and not order placed time/date.

Associate
It probably depends on what brand your after. If it's Asus, MSI or EVGA, then don't hold your breath - the queues are either long or have little movement....or both. I can't see those queues being cleared for 4 months. The rest are either less popular or are moving quicker, so they might come back in sooner.

But then again, it seems OCUK's plan of securing lots of orders to put them a better position to secure stock, kind of back fired... so maybe they won't do it again.

I was after a FE, but that is obviously not happening, no matter how long I wait. At this point, I honestly don't care which one it is, as long as I get my hands on one.

Associate
@ASUS GPU Support Are you still here? What happened to the ramping up in production did this only imply to the tuf cards? Can you give us an update on all the Asus cards or at least the ones we haven't heard about for a while?

Associate

Thanks

The communication about this from OCUK is, once again, very poor. The deadline for redemption of this promotional offer has passed, so the codes may not work anymore. I asked customer support about this issue directly and they told me that cards delivered after 30/11 won't get the promotion.

Technically, this could be considered to be a bait and switch scam. You paid for the card with a promotional offer, you waited for 75 days or so, and then they deliver something less than what you originally purchased. You have the right to cancel your order, but given that delivery was delayed for so long, availability of the cards remains poor and prices have gone up, you are extremely unlikely to do that. There is a process to report this to trading standards: see https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/. The first step would be to tell OCUK they failed to deliver part of their order. Don't call them (they'll extract even more money out of you through extortionate call charges), use the customer service forum. I would not be surprised if they gaslight you by sending you codes that no longer work. You can then take the process further if you have the time and inclination to do so. Of course, you could also share your experience via review sites. Trustpilot is popular. OCUK publish their Google review score, not their Trustpilot score on their site (for obvious reasons).

Having said all this, OCUK had limited control over this. Nvidia allocates codes and OCUK redistributes them. Nvidia sets the deadline for redemption. OCUK's management did a terrible job advertising the promotional offer and allocating codes. I doubt OCUK made any meaningful effort to try to get Nvidia to address this problem. And as usual, OCUK's communication with customers has been abysmal. It would have taken very little effort to write an email to everyone who has the promotional offer included. This message could explain what has happened, what actions they undertook to ensure you would receive the promotional offer, and why this failed. They could say they're sorry, though I'm not sure that word is in their management's vocabulary. A particularly customer-focused company would give a small token gift voucher as compensation, which could encourage previously unhappy customers to shop with them again. Instead, they're setting themselves up for another needless confrontation. They've lost the plot.

Associate
@ASUS GPU Support Are you still here? What happened to the ramping up in production did this only imply to the tuf cards? Can you give us an update on all the Asus cards or at least the ones we haven't heard about for a while?

+1
Good question for @ASUS GPU Support. November saw supplies of Strix OC stop completely and you can count the number of Strix Non-OC delivered on one hand. If high-demand were the only problem, you would expect to see long queues but regular deliveries. Instead, we have long queues (with regular cancellations) but no deliveries. This strongly suggests there is a supply problem. If there is, you should tell us about it.

Associate
The fact that there are more 3090's available makes me wonder if nVidia are hoping people will just buy them instead, so they can make more money. I do not blame OcUK for what has happened, or how it has been handled. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. Whatever they did to try and alleviate the issue, there would be people yelling at them about it.

At this point, having tried to get a 6800XT, i'll be trying for a 6900XT.

@Gibbo don't suppose you'd let me buy one of the 6800XT's you have? You said you had a delivery of some, but not enough to be worth putting on sale given the demand. it is my birthday after all. you'd let me buy one right? PM me! I promise I won't post about it if you do :D (it's worth a try, right?)
It's your birthday...Buy One ???? I'm sure he will just send one to you...He's a nice lad him :D

Associate
+1
Good question for @ASUS GPU Support. November saw supplies of Strix OC stop completely and you can count the number of Strix Non-OC delivered on one hand. If high-demand were the only problem, you would expect to see long queues but regular deliveries. Instead, we have long queues (with regular cancellations) but no deliveries. This strongly suggests there is a supply problem. If there is, you should tell us about it.
Same in Spain, bought on 30th October (Spanish webpage) and still waiting, they thought that a few would arrive in early November but never arrived and they are still waiting for the ROG Strix model, TUF is arriving all weeks...

Associate
Here's hoping we see some ASUS TUF OC cards come in, Started at Q# 352 now at 49....Sooo close. Come on OC (i don't care about daily info, I prefer the stealthy approach of just sending them when they arrive) its like it's someone's Christmas day everyday here.
Fingers , toes and eyes all crossed.

Associate
I was after a FE, but that is obviously not happening, no matter how long I wait. At this point, I honestly don't care which one it is, as long as I get my hands on one.

Yeah me too, the FE is complete bargain if you can get one. There might be a couple more drops in December, but it's usually 5k people trying to buy 300 cards at the same time so it's down to luck mostly.

It could be a few other brands will start popping up again soon. Either way, lets hope things "ramp up" in December, rather than November's slow to a trickle.

Associate

Sitting here waiting for my 3070 Dual OC thinking the same thing, was so annoyed when the shipping update from last week had nearly every ASUS card apart from the one I ordered.

Tried contacting ASUS/OC to try and see when production would start or ramp up and heard nothing, guess they're just sitting happily with my money?

Back
Top Bottom