Poll: Sakhir Grand Prix 2020, Sakhir - Race 16/17

Rate the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Interesting stat: this is the first time in Mercedes F1 they won't have started with either Juan Manuel Fangio, Michael Schumacher, or Lewis Hamilton in one of their cars. The three drivers with the highest number of World Drivers Championships.

No pressure, George.

Shame the near 60 year gap of competing makes the stat (whilst still cool) not quite as impressive :)

Caporegime
Yeah the bookies will no doubt not honour it. A friend of mine was having this very debate with the admin of one site. It wouldn't take his 1000/1 bet as they were in the process of changing the odds. Now 3/1.. Lol

You'd expect them to have something in thier t&cs on this. But you'd expect it to have to be there explicitly.

Transmission breaker
Don
Bottas should be concerned.
Not expecting Russell to beat him. But if he does... Ouch

Whilst that is undoubtedly very interesting, I am really keen to see how Jack does against Latifi! Might help put some of George's performances this year into perspective whatever happens.

Latifi just seems so much slower than Russell in general. I am keen to know if that is genuinely down to Russell dragging something extra out of the poorer machinery, or if Latifi is just not working out too well in F1.

Man of Honour
I don't think George Russell will be on the podium, but i'd be impressed if he is. It's a lot to ask of him, regardless of how good the car is and how dull the track is.

Hamilton finished on the podium in his debut with Mclaren, arguably Russell has more F1 experience, albeit not in the Mercedes and with new features such as DAS. Its the same engine at least.

Caporegime
In the 2019 end of season test, Russell topped the time sheet in the Mercedes, and was 0.08s slower than Bottas the day before. I think a podium is very much in reach; but beating Bottas is more of a challenge.

Soldato
Aitken has been a real disappointment this year in f2, he went in as favourite and has been nowhere most of the season. Think his stock has gone down significantly after a good first year.

Soldato
That's true, but I've seen most reports stating that his disappearance from the top 5 this season was largely due to Campos' slump with not understanding how to get the tyres working properly on the 18" wheels. Whether that's true or not I guess we'll find out.

Soldato
It’ll be voided under some technicality I’m sure.

I doubt they'll be able to find one if you bet on the driver and not the car. When Max was at torro rosso one season I put £2 on him to win a race that season, it was a whole 14/1 (think it was his second season). Of course "that season" was when he got promoted to Red Bull, and my continued thanks goes to Rosberg for not having his car in the right mode and cutting across Lewis at Barcelona. The rest...is history :)

I put a silly 500/1 bet on a podium this season consisting of all three brits...Lando, Russell and...Lewis. Dammit.

Caporegime
Aitken has been a real disappointment this year in f2, he went in as favourite and has been nowhere most of the season. Think his stock has gone down significantly after a good first year.

This is his third year in F2, he really should be challenging at the top. In fact, it's gone worse than his second year. He strikes me as a driver who could thrive in lower formulas but has been found out in F2. Hopefully he'll surprise me this weekend.

Soldato
That's true, but I've seen most reports stating that his disappearance from the top 5 this season was largely due to Campos' slump with not understanding how to get the tyres working properly on the 18" wheels. Whether that's true or not I guess we'll find out.

Spot on, in a similar way to how Williams use to knock on the door of podiums to where they are now. Also the team have 48 points...Jack has all of them. It's a great opportunity for him to show Williams what he can do, if we assume George is moving to Merc for 2022 and Bottas doesn't want to go back.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Honestly I hope he gets a podium if only to remind Hamilton hes not the only person who can command a seat at merc for "write my own paycheck".

Associate
Looking forward to this race cause I think Hamilton is too good for this formula so should be interesting without him and a great leveller for the show, nice to give others a chance.

Back
Top Bottom