BIOS VERSION???

Associate
hello folks...I have just bought a gigabyte aorus 570x pro mobo and I would like to use a 5900x cpu when I can get my hands on one....however I dont know if my bios supports the 5900x. As I dont have another ryzen cpu I cant tell what bios the board has shipped with........or is there a way of finding out via a serial number or sticker etc?........... thanks for any advice

Associate
Download the latest BIOS to a USB stick and use 'Q-Flash Plus' to flash the mobo.

afaik you only need to put the USB in the correct (white?) usb port with the BIOS file in the root of the filesystem, then connect the 24pin mobo power connector and hold down the QF+ button.
No need for a CPU, GPU or MEM to be installed on the board.

edit: more info here...

pg 6.
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-features.pdf

Last edited:
Associate
that motherboard does not have the bios flash on IO pannel, so you will need to use a 3 series CPU like 3200 and install it to flash bios to be able to use the new 5 series CPU's some M/boards allow a bios flash with no CPU installed, unfortunately that board does not do that. you can use Q flash from inside the bios useing white USB connection, but i dont think it will allow you in the bios with a 5 series CPU installed.

Associate
that motherboard does not have the bios flash on IO pannel, so you will need to use a 3 series CPU like 3200 and install it to flash bios to be able to use the new 5 series CPU's some M/boards allow a bios flash with no CPU installed, unfortunately that board does not do that. you can use Q flash from inside the bios useing white USB connection, but i dont think it will allow you in the bios with a 5 series CPU installed.

Incorrect, the X570 Auros Pro does have QF+, no need for a CPU to be installed.
Though you are correct that it does not have it on the IO panel.
The QF+ button is on the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom