• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
I'm also a new member on the forum, though I've been a customer since early 2000s when I built my first PC. The post count is irrelevant, and i've spent a lot more money buying components from here than I'd like to think about!

Anyway, thank you @Gibbo for the update. Saved me a lot of hassle refreshing OcUK pages today/tonight.

Associate
Nope and we won't be doing so.

I am just pointing out that OcUK has not made the 3060Ti available yet, as such it is impossible for such to be happening, I can see from checking all the products, none have been sold and none have shipped.
So when I see such post I know they are absolute BS.

Do you mean a forum post within members market, I do not moderate the MM and as such have no understanding of how it works, but I am gathering from what you are saying only members with 1000+ post count can view the post within that section?

If the latter is true, then it seems fair, of course I await the huge backlash from the members here who do not have 1000+ post and are lurkers but have spent just as much money with OcUK which would make doing this very unfair to them.
So you see there is no real win situation here.

Let me review the stock tomorrow, though technically I am away these next few days as moving house, but I shall try to log on to make some cards available and if there is enough, I shall drop a post in MM giving those who post a lot an opportunity and then I shall drop a post later or the following day in this forum giving members who do not post so often the opportunity as well, because it has to be played as fair as possible.

I am signing off for today now, will post sometime tomorrow afternoon no doubt.

I will maybe also be able to make some 6800 MBA available also tomorrow sometime too for those who want some red team.

Had a feeling this was coming....

I just don't have 1000+ posts, but have been on here for years.

Soldato
You're wrong, retailers like OcUK and similar actually DO care. Why? Good customers are returning customers. Selling 1 card or even 100 for such big place is small income, but happy returning customers bring much better income in the future. What's more, if it's a genuine customer, he/she might buy in addition new power supply, case, CPU, mobo - or whatever else. Scalper/bot will never return and will not buy anything else either. Hence, once again - shops DO care a lot who the buyer is and will almost always do what they can for it to be a genuine (and happy!) customer.

You can tell yourself they do care, (nothing against OcUK) but the retailer doesn't. So what if 10/15/50/100 people are annoyed at a certain retailer and then don't use them again.... That isn't going to be a problem for the retailer.

"Most" people (but not all) buy on cheapest price/availability - They don't care about how "nice" the retailer is.

Bottom line - money/sales.

Associate
Is it not kinda pointless even if the people in the MM forum get a heads up first? Unless it's a link that only they can use there will still be bots refreshing the items pages.

Soldato
Is it not kinda pointless even if the people in the MM forum get a heads up first? Unless it's a link that only they can use there will still be bots refreshing the items pages.
As someone with MM access set to benefit from this... If it's just a heads up that the cards will appear soon it won't do anything to help I'm afraid. Even if it's a direct link to a product page you can't find elsewhere on the site it will only take one person to link it on another forum, discord or similar for it to be available to everyone. It's potentially better than nothing though.

Associate
You can tell yourself they do care, (nothing against OcUK) but the retailer doesn't. So what if 10/15/50/100 people are annoyed at a certain retailer and then don't use them again.... That isn't going to be a problem for the retailer.

"Most" people (but not all) buy on cheapest price/availability - They don't care about how "nice" the retailer is.

I will say it again - you are wrong. Re-read my previous post why. Yes, money talks but not money here and now but money that runs the business (all long-term). I don't guess or assume, I worked 5 years for a big IT retailer and I know how they work from the inside.

Associate
Looking at the stats, this may be lower spec than the 3070 but it's not much lower at I'm not gaming on a 4k monitor and have no plans to change. I think it'll be the 3060 for the next upgrade from my 970.

Caporegime
Looks like a plucky performer for 1440p/some games at 4K, and sits very close to the 3070.

Drinks ~25% less power than the 980Ti which is a bonus.

Soldato
Oh man I’m gutted I missed the FE cards today. I’m hoping to get one still, what time did they go live today, was it about 2pm?

Soldato
Ultimately why would the retailer bother to stop the "scalpers"....

They are getting the money either way - scalpers, end user, reseller etc - Doesn't matter.

Why would they spend a load of money on their website to deal with that. They don't care who gets to buy it, so long as it's sold.

Same for everything else that's high demand. I know someone who's bought and sold 40 PS5's so far - got pre-orders on them all. He's made nearly £9k (around £200/£250 per console) profit so far. None of the big retailers selling them care he got 40 consoles - they got their money so what does it matter.

Because reputation, pc gaming is a small market and everyone knows everyone else it seems - and retailers will cultivate a good relationship with the community as they tend to be repeat customers and know their onions - to large retailers of general goods a PS5 is simply a small part of their overall business and transitory -

why do you think there are no 6800's even to pre-order - because they have barely any stock and their reputation took a knocking when they took orders for 3080's that they couldn't fulfill due to shortages beyond their control and at the time, knowledge -

Last edited:
Soldato

Ultimately the fault lies solely with the scalpers themselves and the people that buy from them. If those that did had an ounce of self control and patience the market would dry up and it would stop inside a couple of generations.

Back
Top Bottom