UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 3rd Dec 2020]

Associate
It wasn't nothing - the guy headbutted him, it doesn't matter if there wasn't decent contact and it didn't hurt much. You can't let stuff like that go on.

Caporegime
I think the problem is even with VAR refereeing decisions are inconsistent. How can that be violent conduct +automatic red in 99% of cases and then suddenly only a yellow is given.

fez

fez

Caporegime
This, it’s the inconsistency and the precedent it sets.

Nobody was saying it actually hurt him.

I mean its a red for violent contact. Was that violent? Was that any more violent than digging someone in the ribs or kicking them intentionally to bring them down. Theres a big difference between what Fred did and an actual headbut.

As soon as I saw it I was 100% sure he was going to see red because thats what happens. Glad to see the ref using common sense and hopefully it will set a precedent. I would honestly rather see the player going down like a **** get the card in these situations. That didn't hurt and he instigated the incident.

Soldato
He hasn't struck him with his head, the PSG player got up in his face and he pushed him. Not a headbutt in a million years.

Need to stop trying to walk it into the net and take some shots at goal.

Associate
I mean its a red for violent contact. Was that violent? Was that any more violent than digging someone in the ribs or kicking them intentionally to bring them down. Theres a big difference between what Fred did and an actual headbut.

As soon as I saw it I was 100% sure he was going to see red because thats what happens. Glad to see the ref using common sense and hopefully it will set a precedent. I would honestly rather see the player going down like a **** get the card in these situations. That didn't hurt and he instigated the incident.

It's violent conduct. What is the intention behind Fred's action other than violence?

Back
Top Bottom