The Expanse

Man of Honour
You fool for biting, this thread is now going to way off tangent :)

Dr Who (Pre Woke AKA Matt Davis)
Blakes 7
Thunderbirds
Stargate
Star Trek
DS9
X Files (Aliens are not invading the earth its sci-fi lose the tin foil)
Buck Rogers in the 21st century (Commander Dearing phoooooooooooooooooaerrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Battlestar Galactica (the original)
Farscape

I might be showing my age though, but expanse sits at 11 or 12 for the moment, if Amos goes like he does in the books then expanse hits the top 10 :)

Honourable mention to Babylon 5 but space should not be a costume DRAMA, I might watch these again as I am sure I missed a few.

As we're heading off tangent...

Dr Who - definitely not better than The Expanse imo, even prewoke and even with rosetinted glasses

Blakes 7 was awesome , one of the few shows that really should have a modern remake

Thunderbirds - god no...not even close to being as good as The Expanse, let alone better.

Stargate - Yeah, I'd put that in a top 10

Star Trek - yup, despite being hit or miss on many episodes, I'd still put it in a top 10

DS9 - well I'm including that in Star Trek

XFiles - pre Mulder and Scully hooking up, yes, post Mulder and Scully hooking up, no. As so often happens in tv shows, went downhill once the 2 leads became an item.

Buck Rogers - camp as hell, corny as hell, but still good..not sure Top 10 good but probably Top 20 good.

Battlestar Galactica Original - yeah I'd put this in top 10

Farscape - Nope, thought this was bang average.

Babylon 5 - yup, I'd put that in a Top 10.

Note... I would put The Expanse in a top 10 easily.

Permabanned
You fool for biting, this thread is now going to way off tangent :)

Dr Who (Pre Woke AKA Matt Davis)
Blakes 7
Thunderbirds
Stargate
Star Trek
DS9
X Files (Aliens are not invading the earth its sci-fi lose the tin foil)
Buck Rogers in the 21st century (Commander Dearing phoooooooooooooooooaerrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Battlestar Galactica (the original)
Farscape

I might be showing my age though, but expanse sits at 11 or 12 for the moment, if Amos goes like he does in the books then expanse hits the top 10 :)

Honourable mention to Babylon 5 but space should not be a costume DRAMA, I might watch these again as I am sure I missed a few.

Sure thats not a bottom 10, half of them were in black and white......:p

Soldato
I just wish it wasn’t like The Boys in terms of release. I want to choose how I watch it, not the steaming service. I don’t binge, but I generally watch one every other day or so. Weekly is just so 90s/00s.

Blakes 7 is definately one of them memories improve it scenarios
I watched the whole from start to finish a few years back when lovefilm still existed and a lot of it was tosh
The first season very gritty and whilst poor effects (was mainly running around derelict buildings with gas masks on) it had a good story
The later wasn't that great really

Like ranking F1 drivers its very hard to judge scifi from different decades

Forgotten ones some may not have seen :
Dark angel (Jessica Alba ftw)
V (the original although was movies iirc)
The 4400
Falling skies (first season was top 10 imho)
Sarah connor chronicles

Soldato
I just wish it wasn’t like The Boys in terms of release. I want to choose how I watch it, not the steaming service. I don’t binge, but I generally watch one every other day or so. Weekly is just so 90s/00s.
Then just wait until the whole season is available, and then watch each episode however and whenever you choose, no?

Soldato
Oh god, it's so close :)

Alt Shift X videos are very good and in depth, picks up on a lot of things not obviously apparent. He's covered a lot of shows and filled in a few blanks over the years.

Associate
i been re-watching space above and beyond recently as i got the original r1 double side dvd's (ones where you had to remove the disc after few episode and flip it to watch the rest that on it) as i have been playing with handbrake, vfx while dated still hold up and look brilliantly, compare to B5 vfx which don't do the show any justice now. just to point out what SixTwoSix said, if i remember correctly some of the writer's and other crew who were working on the x-files at the time, also help to create the show either by stories or other thing's and if you remember x-file at the time had high standards.

also what about Millennium that was some what Scifi

Last edited:
Associate
Just as a heads up before people get too gung ho.

Amazon have only released the first 3 episodes. So if like me you don't want to binge too hard, wait a few weeks for some more episodes before unleashing the beast ;)

Back
Top Bottom