LG 38WN95C availability

Associate
Arrived today, looks great so far. Glad I waited, it's so nice to be able to drive the work laptop with one cable and have the gaming PC connected to the displayport. Also means I get 144hz on both devices. Upgraded from a 25" 60hz screen, night and day (forgive the messy desk!):

7RT7xBa.jpg

Soldato
Arrived today, looks great so far. Glad I waited, it's so nice to be able to drive the work laptop with one cable and have the gaming PC connected to the displayport. Also means I get 144hz on both devices. Upgraded from a 25" 60hz screen, night and day (forgive the messy desk!):

7RT7xBa.jpg

Nice, congrats after the long wait. Does the laptop drive the screen at full resolution over the USB-C?

Associate

7RT7xBa.jpg
Nice! AW3821DW delivering today as well. Cant wait :)

Associate
Very nice. Which retailer did you end up getting this from?
I won't mention names but it's the one that's currently got the monitor listed at the highest price. I didn't pay anything near that, though!

Nice, congrats after the long wait. Does the laptop drive the screen at full resolution over the USB-C?
Thank you and yep! 144hz 3840x1600 MacOS in all it's glory. You do need a third party program to get it to work though. I'm using SwitchResX. The native Mac display preferences clearly haven't been designed to accommodate the small percentage of users running massive screens at high refresh rates :D

Soldato
So I have this ordered elsewhere and my status switched from awaiting stock to awaiting despatch. I called up and they received 13 units with over 30 preorders. Apparently I'm at the literal top of the list! So hopefully this means that units will be trickling through before the end of the year? I'll update if it actually ships - it has to go through a dead pixel check first.

Dammit! They were due two shipments and I was allocated on the second.. guess I might end up waiting longer now :(

Associate
Dammit! They were due two shipments and I was allocated on the second.. guess I might end up waiting longer now :(

Hopefully they stick to what their website says this time and get some stock in a few weeks! I also ordered a 5 point monitor check (which checks for dead / stuck pixels amongst other things), which delayed my shipment by a week. Worth it in the end though, having TB3 + displayport is just too convenient if you're monitor is for working and gaming.

Just need to upgrade my graphics card now, the 5700xt struggles!

Soldato
I won't mention names but it's the one that's currently got the monitor listed at the highest price. I didn't pay anything near that, though!

Thank you and yep! 144hz 3840x1600 MacOS in all it's glory. You do need a third party program to get it to work though. I'm using SwitchResX. The native Mac display preferences clearly haven't been designed to accommodate the small percentage of users running massive screens at high refresh rates :D

Thanks, reassuring to know, hopefully my HP one will too. Did it come with a decent USB-C cable capable of power delivery charging or did you have to source one separately?

Associate
OP
After a 14 week wait (in which OC has had my money), my LG 38WN95C is now listed as ready for dispatch and, hopefully, arriving tomorrow. It is still on the website as "preorder" though, so maybe they got a batch in and immediately dispatched to whoever else has been in the queue.

This is the first time that I have indulged myself in a high end monitor so I have no idea if this is par for the course or if COVID/BREXIT is to blame. The most trying thing was being given no information on expected availability or advice on something equivalent that is immediately available. At the very least they could have said "we have orders for 10 monitors, you are #6 and we are expecting a batch of 8 on xx/xx/2021. Such a shame that OC have not been anything other than a dumb middle-(wo)man. At least if there is a next time I shall know to lower my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom