• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
@Headrushuk I cannot agree more I do not like the nepotism shown in the forum at the moment, just because you have done some more posts or been registered to the forum for a longer period does not mean that you are any more loyal / deserved than someone who has recently joined but have been loyal behind the scenes.

Just a thought but could OC not just limit the cards to one per billing address? I must admit I do not know the workings of how scalpers operate but surely they do not have multiple billing addresses.

Associate
wanna say a lot of the members here are very selfish myself have been ordering from overclockers for over 10+ years but never made an account but after seeing what people are saying here i had to and tbh the people who saying forum members should get priority is disgusting and i would make sure they dont get one now if i was owner of overclockers as that is complete trash and not fair full stop
That doesn't make people selfish. I myself been ordering from OCUK for 16 years and a forum member for the same length of time. Many of us have had a hard time buying our new toys and have had to watch scalpers pick them up and sell on ebay at inflated prices. Considering OCUK new strategy of only releasing a certain amount at quieter times in order to stop 1000's of back orders then i think it is a good idea. I do not personally want a 3060 but considering the forum members probably make up the majority of OCUKs most loyal customers i think it is very fair and not totally dissimilar to a rewards scheme

Just because an idea does not fit your requirements does not make it selfish

Associate
Wow, this thread is going waaaaay off topic.

Everyone should stop whinging and just deal with the cards being dealt (pun intended).

Look at my post count, now look when I joined the forum! Will I be upset that active members may get special treatment? Considering that I REALLY want a 3060 to replace my aging RX480, my answer is no, not really. Its up to OCUK and the luck of the draw.

We should be looking towards AIB's and Nvidia for releasing a product with little or no stock rather than squabbling over what's available!

ANYWAY

Any update on when the 3060s might get released?

Associate
That doesn't make people selfish. I myself been ordering from OCUK for 16 years and a forum member for the same length of time. Many of us have had a hard time buying our new toys and have had to watch scalpers pick them up and sell on ebay at inflated prices. Considering OCUK new strategy of only releasing a certain amount at quieter times in order to stop 1000's of back orders then i think it is a good idea. I do not personally want a 3060 but considering the forum members probably make up the majority of OCUKs most loyal customers i think it is very fair and not totally dissimilar to a rewards scheme

Just because an idea does not fit your requirements does not make it selfish
again its just forum members pushing for advantage which is total BS

Soldato
Btw. does anyone here use Geforce Now ? I think 1 year subscription is bundled with 3060 Ti and I don't really understand what's the point, unless someone wants to play games on mobile devices.
Why would you use Geforce Now when you have 3060 Ti ? Does Nvidia just throws it in as a perceived bonus while not many will use it anyway or am I missing some useful functionality here ?

I use it on my laptop when I'm meant to be working. Shhhh!!

Associate
Yay, managed to nab one!

3060ti.jpg

Soldato
I find the whole 'forum member' thing interesting. My first order from OC was in 2009 and this is post 18 on the forum, so do I 'qualify' or not? There is no good way to do this.

However, if there is a post on here, that links to a new page for the cards, it will stop those who are sat on the current page hitting F5 all day long.

The bottom line is this; there doesn't seem to be any feasible way to restrict sales only to long-time customers, due to the way OCUK's IT system works. So the choices are these:

1. Set aside a proportion of the available stock, and advertise it on the member's market. This will reduce the access of bots and scalpers to this stock, hopefully resulting in more genuine customers securing cards.

2. Put the cards on general sale. This gives people like yourself a better chance of securing a card than the first option. But it also likely means fewer genuine customers getting their hands on a card, and will see more of the stock mark its way to Ebay and Facebook Marketplace.

Putting an "exclusive" heads-up on the open portion of the forums would be pointless. The news would be all over the web by the time the cards go on sale.

At the end of the day, an individual's position on the MM idea will vary depending on whether they have MM access or not. But if the aim is to ensure as many genuine customers secure a card as possible, advertising on the MM is the best OCUK can do right now.

Associate
What would the public say if let's say Tesco gave priority to customers with greater brand loyalty?

Edit: accessing something that many "need" but there is a shortage in supply.

Soldato
My oldest email from ocuk dates back to 2005 but I'm pretty sure I bought an overclocked AMD Duron 800 (@1GHz) from them so that must've been around 2000 :p Didn't join the forums until I got my i7 920 years later :) Likely people who have spent way more than me here with much less time so I doubt there is any fair way to cut out scalpers. Helping forum member out sounds like a good idea in theory but seems it would be kick in teeth for people who did not join until late. Probably many scalpers are members already too :p

Back
Top Bottom