What was the first game you ever played?

Associate
Rainbow Islands on the Amiga. (came in the box with the hardware)

No i lie - it was actually Turrican - got stuck literally on the first screen where I kept missing the jump, over the waterfall. Luckily my other half (now wife) can in and did it first time - otherwise my gaming hobby might have ended there...meanwhile 30 years later i'm still gaming :)

Soldato

Knightlore was my first ever memory of gaming. Not long after that it would be double dragon 2 on the NES, or Nicky Boom on the Amiga 500.

Never actually seen anyone get past that level at 15:30 of double dragon 2 so that's a fun video :D

Man of Honour
If I remember rightly it was Bart vs the Space Mutants.
Such a difficult game that, I can only remember completing the first level a handful of times! It wasn't until I saw some videos on Youtube all these years later that we saw so little of the game as it was so hard!

Associate
The very very first game... probably Dustin in an Amstrad CPC464 that belonged to an older friend of mine. Either that or an ancient shoot them up that a cousin had in his MSX 1. This is not counting the handhelds, because I had a few when I was very little. Then ny first computer was an Amstrad CPC 6128 and in that one the first game was L.E.D Storm :).

Associate
Remember a pong game which having Googled was an Ingersoll unit and then PacMan on the Atari 2600, have fond memories of the Atari games, can remember a few I used to enjoy, Frostbite, Pressure Cooker, Keystone Kapers.

Man of Honour
Can't remember for sure but I think it was Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise on MS DOS

That's just reminded me of one of the first games I played on a PC and it was a kids game called Putt Putt in 1992.
I'm really crap at games but wanted to get through it so I could sit and play it with the kids the youngest being 3.
I came to a cow in the road and I tried everything to get past it for 30 minutes before I finally gave up.
I told my youngest that Daddy couldn't get any further so she climbed on my chair, looked at the scene, got the mouse and clicked on Putt Putt's horn (ooh err).
The cow moved.

Soldato
That's just reminded me of one of the first games I played on a PC and it was a kids game called Putt Putt in 1992.
I'm really crap at games but wanted to get through it so I could sit and play it with the kids the youngest being 3.
I came to a cow in the road and I tried everything to get past it for 30 minutes before I finally gave up.
I told my youngest that Daddy couldn't get any further so she climbed on my chair, looked at the scene, got the mouse and clicked on Putt Putt's horn (ooh err).
The cow moved.

Ha! I used to love the Putt Putt games as a kid, had a few of them. I think it's games like that which paved the way for me to like games like Day of The Tentacle, Monkey Island, Full Throttle etc

Simpler times

Back
Top Bottom