• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Soldato
3060ti is being reviewed as a $400 part, cleary that is
Yay, managed to nab one!

3060ti.jpg

What you pay for it?

Soldato
What would the public say if let's say Tesco gave priority to customers with greater brand loyalty?

Edit: accessing something that many "need" but there is a shortage in supply.

They do, they’ve started doing ‘clubcard prices’ on certain products where you get a cheaper price than people without a clubcard. You also get discount vouchers with your clubcard.

Associate
again its just forum members pushing for advantage which is total BS
Like i said i am not after one of these cards but i have sat here and watched the hassle the forum members (again majority of loyal OCUK customers) going through tons of hassle trying to get other products that have been scalped. Unless you have a fairer way of making sure all the people wanting to buy genuinely and not scalping then i do not sere a better way forward

Associate
Honestly dont know why folk are getting so worked up about the members market. How many years has it been going for now? People with the old accounts/low post counts like myself will have known about it long before now but strangely are only getting agitated about it now? Why not the last big release? Or the one before that? Scalping is hardly a new issue either.

Dont think it is unreasonable that some loyalty is shown by OC to the people that have helped them get to where they are and helped this community become what it is. If you want to take advantage of that, become a member of that community.

Associate
Dont think it is unreasonable that some loyalty is shown by OC to the people that have helped them get to where they are and helped this community become what it is. If you want to take advantage of that, become a member of that community.

I agree. I know I won't be able to benefit from it but it seems fair enough. In any case I'd still prefer the cards go to real users rather than bots.

Associate
I thought gibbo said he was splitting the inventory. he would post a link to members market only, and then post a link for everyone the next day for example. So not sure what the fuss is he can't do much more.
It's not even a link as all he can do is give a heads up they are going live now.
And seriously stop trying to equate the "need" for a new graphics card to buying bread and milk in Tesco .
If you need a GPU there are lots of options to get you through this difficult time.

Soldato
see this is what im talking about people like you should not get one at all

I don't want one, I've got a 3080 already. ;)

What would the public say if let's say Tesco gave priority to customers with greater brand loyalty?

Loyalty schemes are as old as BOGOF deals etc. So you're on to a loser with that theory.

Soldato

Tesco already give discounts to people who have a Tesco card in store, havent you seen the TV Adverts where she zaps the price with her card and gets a discount ?

Associate
That is £110 over msrp. Guess in these hard times of GPU shortages, needs must.

It's the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GAMING OC - not too bothered about the bump in price tbh....i'll be able to squeeze some more out of the core clock from its 1740 base and I'm coming from a 1060.

Failed in my attempts with every other card and the 5000 series so far

Associate
Plus literally anyone can sign up on the day without any barriers, which is the exact opposite of what OP was trying to achieve :D

I can't imagine Tesco ever operating a priority system, but that's more because grocery shortages are a big deal. GPUs are luxury items, it really doesn't matter if you don't get one. Priority access as a member's perk makes sense.

Soldato
I thought gibbo said he was splitting the inventory. he would post a link to members market only, and then post a link for everyone the next day for example. So not sure what the fuss is he can't do much more.
It's not even a link as all he can do is give a heads up they are going live now.
And seriously stop trying to equate the "need" for a new graphics card to buying bread and milk in Tesco .
If you need a GPU there are lots of options to get you through this difficult time.

Hear Hear can you start your own thread please on the subject this is one to discuss the 3060ti and when will mine be dispatched !!! :)

Associate
The bottom line is this; there doesn't seem to be any feasible way to restrict sales only to long-time customers, due to the way OCUK's IT system works. So the choices are these:

1. Set aside a proportion of the available stock, and advertise it on the member's market. This will reduce the access of bots and scalpers to this stock, hopefully resulting in more genuine customers securing cards.

2. Put the cards on general sale. This gives people like yourself a better chance of securing a card than the first option. But it also likely means fewer genuine customers getting their hands on a card, and will see more of the stock mark its way to Ebay and Facebook Marketplace.

Putting an "exclusive" heads-up on the open portion of the forums would be pointless. The news would be all over the web by the time the cards go on sale.

At the end of the day, an individual's position on the MM idea will vary depending on whether they have MM access or not. But if the aim is to ensure as many genuine customers secure a card as possible, advertising on the MM is the best OCUK can do right now.

I don't think I can see the Members Market, it doesn't show up in my list of forums, so I guess it's F5 bashing for me!

Just looked at the comparisons on the 3060Ti against my Vega64, it's a decent chunk better.

Associate

Out of interest how do I join the members market?

Reason for asking is that I have spent thousands of pounds with OCUK via both my personal & work accounts yet I dont tend to post much on here even though I signed up back in 2012

Lastly I cant even link my OCUK account to the forum as it keeps coming up with an error message. Any ideas chaps?

Back
Top Bottom