• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Unless you do not have a GPU to tide you over just wait until next spring

Heres the thing, I am a university student and I ordered my 3080 back in November. I am still #400odd in queue for that. I am running a poor old i5 with a 750ti. It manages fairly. But I am studying architecture, so 3D softwares is a no go. My girlfriend, she doesn’t even have a desktop, she’s running a 2014 MBPRO, that barely even loads up AutoCAD anymore lol. She’s on a tight budget but I’ve got all the parts for her already just need the GPU, and it’s sucks and is really hard to see every GPU to just slip out of our hands. Also considering the fact that uni libraries are closed, how are we supposed to do our work?

Associate
This members market BS is something else. :D. Talk about priviledge. Not like i've been an OC customer for over 8 years or anything. :D.

Soldato
Heres the thing, I am a university student and I ordered my 3080 back in November. I am still #400odd in queue for that. I am running a poor old i5 with a 750ti. It manages fairly. But I am studying architecture, so 3D softwares is a no go. My girlfriend, she doesn’t even have a desktop, she’s running a 2014 MBPRO, that barely even loads up AutoCAD anymore lol. She’s on a tight budget but I’ve got all the parts for her already just need the GPU, and it’s sucks and is really hard to see every GPU to just slip out of our hands. Also considering the fact that uni libraries are closed, how are we supposed to do our work?
an older gen, more readily available will do just fine.

Soldato
This members market BS is something else. :D. Talk about priviledge. Not like i've been an OC customer for over 8 years or anything. :D.

It's not a perk for using the shop, it's for forum contribution. You can literally use the MM without ever buying anything from the shop.

I don't think they would and if they did there would be a great public outrage and accusation on favoritism.

Have you never heard of O2 Rewards, Sky VIP...?

Permabanned
I don't think they would and if they did there would be a great public outrage and accusation on favoritism.
It’s not favouritism it’s rewarding those that have been are active on the forums helping others or keeping the community going and growing. Not those who have recently signed up for accounts to moan and complain that they are having to wait to pick up a gpu, or just taking what they need and not giving when others need.

Supply is super limited if not giving forum members a fair chance then they will only go to bots and scalpers.

Associate
It’s not favouritism it’s rewarding those that have been are active on the forums helping others or keeping the community going and growing. Not those who have recently signed up for accounts to moan and complain that they are having to wait to pick up a gpu, or just taking what they need and not giving when others need.

Supply is super limited if not giving forum members a fair chance then they will only go to bots and scalpers.

Makes sense, I must admit I wasn't' see active on the form as I used to drop into the help chat option on the site but that seems to have gone now.

Associate
It's not a perk for using the shop, it's for forum contribution. You can literally use the MM without ever buying anything from the shop.

Have you never heard of O2 Rewards, Sky VIP...?

I don't think it's a accurate comparison. We need relate to something that many people want at heighten prices and the supply isn't there.

Soldato
It's not priority, it's a promo price or discount which is quite different.

They offer priority shopping hours to old people and NHS staff during the pandemic.

In a different scenario Ferrari offer previous customers priority for new cars and limited run models. Sometimes the limited run cars are ‘sold out’ before they were ever offered for sale officially.

Soldato
I see no good reason for forum members, old or new, to be treated differently. Surely forum members are a tiny proportion of the company's customer base. I say this as one of the longest standing members, active long before the 2002 reset.

Maybe focus this thread on the 3060 Ti cards?

Back
Top Bottom