** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Associate
Noted. No answer on phone. Posted to customer services forum.

Well, a very rapid response indeed (a few minutes), so credit is due: "Further stock is expected to land with us this week and we will process pending pre order as soon as possible, unable to confirm a delivery date at this time due to back log sorry." Whilst this is non specific, I may still get it in time for Christmas and this is consistent with the previous 'by Friday' post so I retract my previous comments/anger and cross my fingers.

Thanks for the rapid response OCUK.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Well, a very rapid response indeed (a few minutes), so credit is due: "Further stock is expected to land with us this week and we will process pending pre order as soon as possible, unable to confirm a delivery date at this time due to back log sorry." Whilst this is non specific, I may still get it in time for Christmas and this is consistent with the previous 'by Friday' post so I retract my previous comments/anger and cross my fingers.

great stuff. phones are super busy at OcUK at the mo, so glad they got back to you quickly on there and hopefully things work out.

Soldato
Damn I really thought you guys with preorders would be getting shipping notifications by 4th December or thereabouts are you sure this isn’t going to happen now?

I had a suspicion the info Techlurker was given on the phone was incorrect. Anyway glad things are back on track...

Associate

Been a lurker since mid October and ordered on 2nd Nov. Haven't received a shipping update yet and not really confident on the update above so taking it with a grain of salt due to all the other "supposed" updates.

Associate
Been a lurker since mid October and ordered on 2nd Nov. Haven't received a shipping update yet and not really confident on the update above so taking it with a grain of salt due to all the other "supposed" updates.

yeah I’m not expecting any truth to it just stringing us along

Associate

Where do you post for them to see? I’ve tried phoning god knows how many times with no success.

Associate
Where do you post for them to see? I’ve tried phoning god knows how many times with no success.

There is a customer services forum which you can find from the main forum page. I posted in there. It looks blank/empty at first - because you only see your own posts - they responded with a reply/post after a few minutes.

Associate
We did have 2 pallets land last week.

Got another 20 landing this week and another 24 landing next week.

Everyone who has pre-ordered should have theirs shipped by next Friday no matter where they are in the queue.

Based on Nik’s statement above, it seems that people who preordered before 31st Oct (date from customers who have received their monitor and confirmed their order dates in this post) have been sent their monitors from the “20 pallets” he mentions. I’d guess that November preorders will now be fulfilled from the “24 pallets” stock, which according to the previously mentioned support feedback should be this week. Obviously this is conjecture, but I’m still hopeful!

Soldato
I think it was 20 monitors rather than 20 pallets. Let’s say a pallet holds 5 monitors, 20 pallets would be 100 monitors that’s a lot of monitors. The very first batch of preorders was about 50 to 60 monitors. Therefore I reckon 20 pallets should fill all the current preorders.

A second shipment of 24 pallets would be a further 120 monitors therefore the two shipments would be 220 monitors in total, more than enough for preorders and plenty left over for stock.

I might be wrong on how many monitors a pallet can hold that’s the only thing. But I think it was monitors not pallets.

Associate
I think it was 20 monitors rather than 20 pallets. Let’s say a pallet holds 5 monitors, 20 pallets would be 100 monitors that’s a lot of monitors. The very first batch of preorders was about 50 to 60 monitors. Therefore I reckon 20 pallets should fill all the current preorders.

A second shipment of 24 pallets would be a further 120 monitors therefore the two shipments would be 220 monitors in total, more than enough for preorders and plenty left over for stock.

I might be wrong on how many monitors a pallet can hold that’s the only thing. But I think it was monitors not pallets.

Either way, Nik suggested that 44 would be enough to cover all preorders up until the 24th Nov (when he made the post).

Associate
Just got mine today its a beautiful piece of kit, however I noticed some bleeding in all four corners in darker scenes in various games. I took a picture in almost complete darkness and the bleeding is quite apparent.
Anyone think this is worth an RMA?

https://imgur.com/a/z82tegf
z82tegf

Associate
Just got mine today its a beautiful piece of kit, however I noticed some bleeding in all four corners in darker scenes in various games. I took a picture in almost complete darkness and the bleeding is quite apparent.
Anyone think this is worth an RMA?

https://imgur.com/a/z82tegf
z82tegf

That looks like IPS glow not bleed. Your call if you RMA but you will go to the back of the preorder queue again...

Associate
So for those that have received a monitor from the latest drop, is everyone happy with it?
Pretty happy with it so far, the image quality is fantastic. I have come across one issue though where the DisplayPort handshake fails, which seems to happen when I play a game in fullscreen and ALT+TAB out. The monitor stops receiving any DP input unless I turn the monitor off and on again. My workaround so far is to play in fullscreen borderless or window mode which is what I do anyway but isn't ideal as there may be some games that might not offer either of these as an option. After doing some googling this seems to be an issue with several LG monitors. Hopefully this can be fixed with a firmware update as I don't particularly feel like getting an RMA and going to the back of the queue.

OcUK Staff
OP
We have another couple of pallets coming on Monday. This stock means hopefully we can fulfill orders taken up to 11th November.

Still leaves us with 80 orders to fulfill. I'm trying to get further information on when the next stock intake will be but the message I'm getting is that it's chaos at the ports, and then knock on effects at distribution.

Please take any ETA's with a grain of salt. Including the one above!

Please don't webnote or email asking for queue place, or ETA, etc as the situation is fluid and the guys in sales have enough to deal with at the moment.

I'll keep posting info here as and when i get it.

Thanks for your patience!

Back
Top Bottom