• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Having just caught up on this thread - kudos to the team for making life hard for the would be scalpers!
It was insane yesturday, worse than tying to buy a Glastonbury ticket! :D

Associate
I see no good reason for forum members, old or new, to be treated differently. Surely forum members are a tiny proportion of the company's customer base. I say this as one of the longest standing members, active long before the 2002 reset.

Maybe focus this thread on the 3060 Ti cards?

This, we're all in the same boat here.

Anyone have any speculation on what time the cards might be made available?

Soldato
Guys, I think we need to get back on topic about discussing the actual 3060ti and not who should/shouldn't get a new graphics card based on 'loyalty' or 'need'.

Everyone is entitled to a new GPU regardless of who they are and what they do (minus scalpers ofc). In the current world climate, not getting a shiny new GPU really isn't the end of the world. I know that's easy for me to say considering I have one but I wouldn't have lost any sleep if I hadn't.

Blaming other people because you haven't managed to get one is a waste of time and energy PLUS they're not the ones you should be annoyed at!

Blame NVIDIA and AMD for their total **** up of this launch. They KNEW that people were going to want to get these cards based on the performance boost and they would have had a team of forecasters looking at this. They are either incompetent or have done this on purpose.

Permabanned
Blame NVIDIA and AMD for their total **** up of this launch. They KNEW that people were going to want to get these cards based on the performance boost and they would have had a team of forecasters looking at this. They are either incompetent or have done this on purpose.

I agree it kinda concerns me that NVIDIA couldn't see this coming. I wonder if they will realise at some point that no one is interested in RT and the reason the 20 series didn't sell as well as expected was down to them getting marketing completely wrong.

Associate
its twice as fast as a 1070 so it will be a massive upgrade from a 1060
That's reassuring at least
This is either incompetence or an excellently orchestrated scheme to drive demand up immensely.

Associate
Hi team. I'm one of the "bad guy" one posters who has been on this forum for about 8 months without an account as I look to buy my first graphics card and build my first PC. I know, I know, I am not worthy and should probably rip the GPU out of my mid 90s gameboy and be content with it's performance until I've build up 1000s or comments on here.

Basically all I wanted was a better than PS5 gaming experience on my QHD monitor work bought me. The 3060TI seems perfect. I was hoping to spend £400-600 on the card. I think this is the perfect card but I would ideally like to build in the next 1-2 months. People say there are lots of other options out there - what would you recommend for people that miss out on this card?

In short - what are the alternatives to 3060TI that one can get at the moment.

Associate
If you absolutely need a GPU, you could possibly buy a used 2080ti but I can't really recommend anything other than just waiting.

Thanks, I do need a GPU as I don't have one at all - first build. Appreciate the advice, I was thinking that this card is perfect for my purposes and worth waiting for so good to have that confirmed!

Associate
Just got my despatch notice for a FE (other store) so finally have a GPU to go into my new rig and replace my ageing AMD480. I don't game at 4k so am hoping this will tied me over till all this crazy settles down and the mythical 3080Ti comes out :)

TomDD

Permabanned
Thanks, I do need a GPU as I don't have one at all - first build. Appreciate the advice, I was thinking that this card is perfect for my purposes and worth waiting for so good to have that confirmed!
Build up your post count and take a look in the members market or roll the dice for a new one.

Soldato
It's definitely an option. It'll take some effort but it'll more than likely be worth it.

Members Market is worth the 1000 post requirement. Plenty of ways of getting your post count up across the many categories of topics that are discussed here.

On your requirements, you could try and pick up a 2nd hand GPU to tide you over and then sell it on again. You probably wouldn't lose too much on the cost of the card.

Associate
you are right in this, im not disputing that fact.

I mainly just find it funny that there is a sudden influx of new forum members who have only posted in this thread.

Yeah that's why I understand the idea of there being a separate launch for forums members/veterans with x amount of posts or whatever the case may be. Be hard to pull off but yeah.
If I had to be salty about it I would've long cancelled my 3080 order and would've been keyboard warrior-ing my way through the forums already:D :p but I know my place lol I'm not entitled anymore to the graphics card than the person sitting next to me (unless they're a scalper ofc). So good luck to all!

Back
Top Bottom