1K posts

Associate
Hello everyone, I keep reading recommendations by people to get their post count up in order to access the MM. It seems a bit odd to me that people would encourage claptrap to be written in order to acquire these privileges or I am not seeing it clearly, active participation I understand however would be proactive.
As I'm at home and bored thought I might try and see how quickly I can get to the 1000 mark.

If I can be bothered to see this through any guesses how long it might take me?

I'm guessing I can do it in one week. That would take just shy of 150 posts a day. Wonder if this contravenes any rules, or is possible.

Associate
OP
Ah I thought it must be not quite as simple as that. Maybe I should read the rules first. Off I go to the rules page.

Soldato
Rules said:
Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 1000 posts and have been signed up for at least 180 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts.

Soldato
I think you've misinterpreted what people are saying. I doubt anybody is recommending people inflate their postcounts, rather they are just explaining what's needed to access it. Inflating your postcount is a no-no and will just lead to your postcount being reset and/or banned. The best advice is; dont just the forums to gain access to the MM. Join to be an active member. access to the MM is a privilege awarded to active members or long-standing members.

Associate
OP
Understood. That seems far more logical. I don't require access to the MM just thought it might be a way to pass some time. Back to the drawing board.

Caporegime
Those nasty mods seem to have a habit of reducing post count for spammers

I actually have about 1300~ posts more than I have under my name.

About 300 were removed in several goes when I was posting a load of nonsense in my first few months, and then 1000~ were lost when the old TIAM thread got deleted on the old forum software. :p

Back
Top Bottom