What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I watched the 'The devil all the Time' the other night.

I enjoyed it. Not your run of the mill formulaic film so worth a watch. Just in case anyone thinks this is a horror, it is not. It is a rather stark and dark look at how God is used to justify many people's justification for their actions. I would give it a 7/10
I enjoyed this. Worth a watch, one of Netflix's better ones.

Soldato
Midway (2019), some decent action scenes but spoiled by some terrible acting.

5/10 - could/should have been a lot better than it was.

Soldato
A Christmas Gift From Bob - 9/10

Sequel to Streetcat and I actually enjoyed this more than the original. All the more poignant by the dedication at the end to "Bob" who died earlier this year, sadly as a result of being struck by a car. Made me reflect a little on the sometimes unfairness of life, both to the man and the cat, for it to end like that.

Associate
Palm Springs

If you are an Andy Samberg fan, give this nihilistic comedy a go blind, which is what I did and really enjoyed the movie as a result of knowing nothing about it.

7/10

I remember someone earlier in the thread really not liking it ... but I like both him and Cristin Milioti and thought it was a good time.

Caporegime
Just recently re-watched Starwars prequal trilogy. After all the special effects of the most recent trilogy with the exception of AOTC I rate both TPM and ROTS as better films and true to star wars. AOTC only downside is that the CGI is terrible. If it maybe got redone it could be a lot better as the immersion is just not there.

Looking back 7,8,9 are just nostalgia movies with 8 being a total farce.

Man of Honour
Train to Busan 2 (Sky) - loved the first film so had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately those hopes werent really delivered, whereas the first one was a really well done and quite suspenseful zombie flick with some decent sfx, the second one was a largely by the numbers zombie flick with some surprisingly poor cgi. Still worth a watch if you particularly like Asian "horror" or just generally like zombies but dont be expecting anything close to the first film 6/10

Soldato
Just finished watching all the main vacation movies after watching the first on nextflix

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) was great National

Lampoon's European Vacation was great almost as good as the first I enjoyed it even better it had cameos of my from 2 of my favourite British actors robbie coltrane and Eric Idle

Vegas Vacation was worth a watch not as good as the first two.

Vacation (2015) I had high hopes for it but was a load of ****, the people who made this must be idiots or not have read the script. just save time and watch the trailers they are the only good parts

but my favourite is

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation IMO its the best on of the lot and a great xmas movies, I only started watching the rest after watching this a number of times, not watched it yet this year.

Back
Top Bottom