• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
It wouldn't surprise me if prices for the 6900xt reach the same price level as the 3090...

You did a good thing, just get what you need if you can afford it. The waiting game will just drive you insane, not worth the mental health for some :p. Can't believe i even just said that lol.

Agreed, OK the 3090 FE isn't cheap but at least I'm not getting gouged above MSRP, that and the lack of stock was really sticking in my craw, who know I might get buyers remorse and cancel!

The 6900XT is gonna end up being £1300+, gouge city and no stock!

Soldato
I managed to nab a 3070 FE in today's drop, but i'm still on the fence as to if I really can justify it over a 3060 Ti given I've got quite an old system anyway. Might see if anyone local who really wanted a 3070 got a 3060 Ti FE to have something rather than nothing, and might want to swap :)

Soldato
Agreed, OK the 3090 FE isn't cheap but at least I'm not getting gouged above MSRP, that and the lack of stock was really sticking in my craw, who know I might get buyers remorse and cancel!

The 6900XT is gonna end up being £1300+, gouge city and no stock!
I doubt you will, as soon as you install it and see it in all its glory you'll just be smiling with joy, just forget how much it cost you lol.

It will be for sure, especially if the reviews show it faster or on par with the 3090. I'm 100% certain it will be gouged to oblivion, waiting on those £2k ebay prices.

Soldato
Surprised there was no 3080 FE in todays drop, as there was some listed on a german website.
Must be quite a few 3090 FE this time, or less people are buying them, though there is more stock of the 3090 around generally.
Wouldn't surprise me if more chips are being used in the 3090 card rather than the 3080. Much higher margins and profits, they know people will buy regardless of the price.

Soldato
More likely the yields on 3080 are so bad they are being binned down to 3070s.

3070 is different chip, GA104. 3080 uses GA102 in 3090.

More like yield is decent enough that while people willing to part with money, put the better cores in the 3090. Once stock of cards becomes available or sales of 3090's slow, then put those same 3090 cores into a 3080Ti, shave few GB of VRAM off and sell if for $999.

If your getting decent yields, if you were Nvidia, makes no sense to put the cores in a cheaper 3080 to satisfy demand when demand is plentiful enough at 3090 levels and make a premium there.

Back
Top Bottom