• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I also got the above working and agree it's clunky - above instructions spot on but there are some good videos on the Tube. I've since managed to get added to a 'developer whitelist' for using the same app on retail xbox so more convenient (no developer access required). You can even play stuff directly off the internal SSD. Incredible that it works but not sure how much I will actually use it.

Does this mean you don't have to switch to dev mode for retroarch etc? How did you manage this?

Soldato
Does this mean you don't have to switch to dev mode for retroarch etc? How did you manage this?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34296873

it is only a page down.

However I wouldnt bother but instead register here for free to get access to the retail mode version.

https://forms.gle/WCqB1fMXhsGx1MzU8

Registrations "CLOSE" this Sunday.

As soon as I am whitelisted confirmed, I will be removing my dev mode and just writing off the £12 I spent on dev license.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Does the controller still charge when the console is powered off but it's not in instant on mode ?

Do the USB ports still have power ?
Not 100% sure but I have the elite ver2 and it comes with a case that you can store your controller in but also has a charging dock.
Now I have the charging cable that’s connected to a USB port on the back of the series x. So when I’m done gaming, I put my controller into the case and it starts charging.
Last night the battery was almost dead so put it in the case and this morning the controller is fully charged so it’s still supplying power I guess.

My series x is on instant on mode but I just changed it to off and it still works so yes I assume the USB ports still have power going through them as my controller was charging. But as I said I use an elite ver2 controller so a normal one may not work.

Just try and see if it does.

Soldato
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34296873

it is only a page down.

However I wouldnt bother but instead register here for free to get access to the retail mode version.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-xbox-one-retroarch-thread.518329/

Registrations "CLOSE" this Sunday.

As soon as I am whitelisted confirmed, I will be removing my dev mode and just writing off the £12 I spent on dev license.

Really sorry for being rubbish but I can't see anywhere on that page to register to get access to the retail mode version?

Soldato
I'd be wary of posting links to 'temp here. That place is basically a piracy tutorial site, full of content that's against the rules to discuss here.

Associate
Might just wait then. I seem to be hooked on Halo again.

Halo 5 was the first Halo I had played on the Xbox one X and I know it's had its critics but it played and looked fantastic on the 1X. Even without HDR.

And the multiplayer was superb. Completed it with full game score but I might try out the auto HDR, especially on the night time levels. Just to check it.

Man of Honour
Just remove the usb cable from the ext HDD and you are good to go.

Turned off Vsync on R6 to test the VRR as I have a CX and was surprised to see screen tearing, not a lot but it was still there.

You should only get that issue if you have it installed on both your internal and external drive. Although it now seems that this was intentional to have it on both I assumed it was a mistake.

Soldato
Not 100% sure but I have the elite ver2 and it comes with a case that you can store your controller in but also has a charging dock.
Now I have the charging cable that’s connected to a USB port on the back of the series x. So when I’m done gaming, I put my controller into the case and it starts charging.
Last night the battery was almost dead so put it in the case and this morning the controller is fully charged so it’s still supplying power I guess.

My series x is on instant on mode but I just changed it to off and it still works so yes I assume the USB ports still have power going through them as my controller was charging. But as I said I use an elite ver2 controller so a normal one may not work.

Just try and see if it does.

Thanks for the info

Caporegime
Gotta say I am absolutely loving my series x at the moment.
One of my favourite features is being able to jump in a game from my iPhone. I have the Xbox app and from there I can just start up my game without having to physically turn it on, launch my game etc.
For instance destiny 2 is a game I play a lot of and in my Xbox app on my phone, I just select it and click on launch. All I have to do is now turn my tv in and it’s sat in the character select screen.
Such a handy little thing to have lol.

Man of Honour
Halo 5 was the first Halo I had played on the Xbox one X and I know it's had its critics but it played and looked fantastic on the 1X. Even without HDR.

And the multiplayer was superb. Completed it with full game score but I might try out the auto HDR, especially on the night time levels. Just to check it.

I haven’t played a halo game since halo 2. Halo 3 might be slightly dated now, but it’s got a certain charm about it and along with hdr/4K/120fps is just great fun. Will probably work my way through the lot of them. Making good use of the X’s power :p

Man of Honour
I haven’t played a halo game since halo 2. Halo 3 might be slightly dated now, but it’s got a certain charm about it and along with hdr/4K/120fps is just great fun. Will probably work my way through the lot of them. Making good use of the X’s power :p

You should join us for online Halo on Saturday nights.

Back
Top Bottom