*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
yeah the release has to happen this time around, it seems Best Buy in the US have "accidentally" shipped out copies of the game already lol

Soldato
Still haven't got around to pre-ordering this but am tempted to get a physical copy for the extras. Haven't bought a game physically for years though, anyone know if any of them can be trusted to deliver launch day?

Soldato
Really wanted to play this at max settings and with all the inevitable dlc/expansions but dont think i can wait a couple years. Decided to play nomads on release, upgrade pc at somepoint late next year then play the other two lifestyles. Saying that my pc might cope quite well (minus rtx) and just end up enjoying the game rather than the top end graphic settings.

Associate
I'm holding off on playing this until my build is complete (waiting on a 5900X which should arrive in the next fortnight hopefully but not even in the queue for an RTX 3080 as I didn't see the point having missed the initial launch backlogs etc.). Tempted to pre-order to support them but think I may as well wait until the price has come down as well.

Soldato
Will you have to use the GOG launcher?
Considering none of the Witcher games need the GOG launcher if you bought them on Steam, then I doubt you will need it for Cyberpunk. Then again, as for now only GOG themselves know for sure I guess. But.. if you looking at Mass Effect 3 as an example, it says this on the Steam page: Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required. <= And for that game you need the Origin Launcher. Since Cyberpunk 2077 not mentioning it, I would guess it is as I started, same as for the Witcher games. Sorry for long-winded reply ! :p

Soldato
I think it's unlikely they'd force you to use Galaxy if you buy it through Steam, as they don't even force you to use that when you purchase through GOG (unless that's recently changed)

Soldato
Same here... do appreciate all the willing QA testers hopping in now though :) and gives a nice chance to find out what the compromises and disappointments are after the hype has died down and people start being a bit more honest about it

Be warned though you won't be able to be one of the cool kids without this consumer product
Quite agree fella, there is simply no point in buying games on release these days. Easy for me to say with a couple of kids and less time for gaming mind.

Back
Top Bottom