• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Got a 5700 XT at the moment. This isn't going to be much of an upgrade.... is it??

Depends which card you mean, but both are an upgrade. Especially the 6800 (which is much faster for sure). Best to check a bunch of benchmarks in the net to see what it can give you in various games, comparing to what you have now.

Associate
Hi Gibbo
I bought the £389 Palit Dual, would be happy to pay the extra and change to the OC one or a Zotac if it helps?

lucky, I grabbed what I could and got the Zotac OC for £470... slightly regretting going beyond my budget, but oh well, tired of the hours looking at components.

If anyone wants to do a (price difference included) swap lemme knoww

Associate
Looking with interest - 5950X in system now waiting to upgrade my (what was) fast 7970 Vapour-x with a shiny new 6800!!!! Or do I wait to (not be able to) get a 6900XT next week? I was even going to but a 5700 to tide me over to the new year, but....:D

Soldato
No, 26 got sold. There were and are more in stock (not posted yet) - they just gave people only 5 minutes or so to purchase. So most jumped on 3060Ti and not 68k ones. Gibo said he'll post more as there's plenty left still. But it's all very time limited each time he posts them, not stock limited. He rather do that, slow trickling than getting tons of unwanted pre-orders.
Stop calling it 68k :D

6800 is 6.8k lol and it’s annoying my sense of OCD :p

Soldato
Got a 5700 XT at the moment. This isn't going to be much of an upgrade.... is it??

6800 appears to be a 50%+ improvement which isn't really insignificant, especially considering you can probably sell the 5700xt for close to half the cost at the moment.

Hopefully the cards got into the hands of gamers and not scalpers

Don't worry, mine is going straight in the PC for some 4k RDR2, witcher remastered and Cyberpunk goodness :D

Associate
Well, if I won't be able to get 6800 I am very willing now to just shell for 6900XT that £900 and be done with it. But that might be sold out quickly too... Then again, 3090 FE has been sitting on NVidia store for hours now, still in stock..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom