• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Hey guys, an idea i hope people can help me get traction.
Why doesn’t gibbo increase the price advertised by 10x and then put a 90% discount code in the forums. It would stop bots (or make them bankrupt) and at least give the forum members a fighting chance.

Associate
Holly hell, I was watching another thread when this happened but also refreshed OC website. Confused seeing one in pre-order but got PC one anyway! Soon before Gibo pulled them off, as I found out... Now lets wait and see if I got one or not! :)

Associate
**** - I added to cart and went to pay and all good but it would not continue saying "Please set your billing address"
Billing and delivery address were already filled out.

Can anyone explain?

Associate
it was the missing phone number , when I went to my account details and filled that out and refreshed ... hey presto my order completed ... happy days

Thanks Gibbo for all your hard work!

Associate
Thanks Gibbo, can’t believe I managed to bag one...

Dreaming of a 6800XT but happy with the 6800.

I appreciate the effort that gone into this tricky situation.

Associate
Awww man, I was checking the wrong forum both times today :D. Glad some non-bots got their hands on some. Guessing that's all the 6800 MBA stock gone for now

Soldato
Yep I was watching the thread where Gibbo said:

*P.S. THIS THREAD IS THE THREAD WHERE UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL APPEAR REGARDING 6800 SERIES AND HINTS AS TO WHEN YOU CAN ORDER!
Nothing on that thread Gibbo. Sold a dummy, nice one. Anyway well done to the guys who are a lot better at this than I am.

Associate

*P.S. THIS THREAD IS THE THREAD WHERE UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL APPEAR REGARDING 6800 SERIES AND HINTS AS TO WHEN YOU CAN ORDER!
Nothing on that thread Gibbo. Sold a dummy, nice one. Anyway well done to the guys who are a lot better at this than I am.

It's just luck mate, just dumb luck, I believe. By pure chance I've managed to put my order today (second drop) - though still unknown if it even went through or not.

Associate

I suspect many thousands of bots were also watching that thread, hence the change of plan.

Back
Top Bottom