• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
n6LmLgX
VZVZIv.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
So for undervolting, something like this?

Maybe its me but i can't seem to change (for exmaple) 850mv. i slide it up, ok it moves. press apply and it just goes back to the line.

25XDMXJ.png

Associate
Can you expand @archerz ?

Your curve is correct. 238w would sound about right.
how do i go higher?
if i move the bar up at 800mv i get a crash so obviously there isn't enough power. So my thought process is to create a slightly higher (in the same curve) point at 850mV at 1850. however when i move the little box (at 850mV) and then click apply it just goes back to the line in the pic above.

i'd thought it would create a new level of boost at the higher mV?

Associate
@archers
This should help, he has an indepth guide inhis description.
yeah i watched this, he didn't really explain as well as i hoped. do i just reset each time and then try a new voltage/power. assumed i could create a custom curve a little easier. maybe i'm trying to be too complicated

Associate
@archerz
ok so say you want to try and get a point at 850mv at 1850mhz.
Open up your After burner, Ctrl+F, gets you the Voltage/Frequency curve editor
Hit the default setting button on your msi afterburner and your curve will set to a default shape
Now here's the fun, where the line flattens out into a straight line at the maximum frequency, click a point and press Alt.
While holding down the alt key you can lower the whole curve. pull it down below to say 1700hhz.
Then just click your dot at 850mv and you can drag it to 1850mhz.
Then click Apply on your Afterburner.
It gets annoying because sometimes small incremental changes don't seem to register

Man of Honour
I'm going to have an interesting time with getting it in my H510 Elite. I've seen reddit posts of people with the same case and card and it fits with .8 of an inch of clearance. Toight

Associate
@archerz
ok so say you want to try and get a point at 850mv at 1850mhz.
Open up your After burner, Ctrl+F, gets you the Voltage/Frequency curve editor
Hit the default setting button on your msi afterburner and your curve will set to a default shape
Now here's the fun, where the line flattens out into a straight line at the maximum frequency, click a point and press Alt.
While holding down the alt key you can lower the whole curve. pull it down below to say 1700hhz.
Then just click your dot at 850mv and you can drag it to 1850mhz.
Then click Apply on your Afterburner.
It gets annoying because sometimes small incremental changes don't seem to register

Thanks, this is what i did at a first stage. i'm going to try a bit more tomorrow, its after that i want to get another level. i'll edid the pic to kinda explain what i'm after.
So the 800mV is where i want, the max i can get at that voltage. then i want to apply a 2nd step at 850mV but i can't do this?

xuEyFh8.png

Associate
I think thats pretty much what most in this thread have come to the conclusion, yeah might only be a 10-15% over the 3080.... if you could get one lol

I'm on a 2080ti so the jump to the 3090 is a nice bump in performance... not sure ill ever use 24gb of ram haha (any suggestions on putting it to use that doesn't involve workstation grade work)

What's the deal with custom cables for the 12pin?

Back
Top Bottom