• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Glad i could be of some use guys! The money for my shopto order has come out of the bank too for whoever was asking - i used paypal though not sure if it makes a diff

Soldato
Yeah I've ordered the charger from there too. £10 to stop checking sites every few days and have somewhere to actually charge/store the controllers... yeah I'll take the hit.

Hopefully the plug is easily swappable, still, even if it's embedded and the cable needs cutting it's not the end of the world.

So, thanks!

Now just need the headset. I'll be honest I scalped one because it was collection only from an Argos 200 miles away. I sold it BIN for £120 thinking I would then just use that to buy one for the same price closer/delivered but they're all going for way more than that now!

Associate
Yeah I've ordered the charger from there too. £10 to stop checking sites every few days and have somewhere to actually charge/store the controllers... yeah I'll take the hit.

Hopefully the plug is easily swappable, still, even if it's embedded and the cable needs cutting it's not the end of the world.

So, thanks!

Now just need the headset. I'll be honest I scalped one because it was collection only from an Argos 200 miles away. I sold it BIN for £120 thinking I would then just use that to buy one for the same price closer/delivered but they're all going for way more than that now!

It's just your bog standard figure-8 C7 lead so just need another one of them and it'll be good to go! Perks of working in a school, we've got hundreds of them! :D

Soldato
I have the charger on backorder stock expected Dec 14th. You can get it from CPC. No need to pay extra. Although I do question why I really need one when I have plenty of chargers around.

Man of Honour
Anyone still got their order with Argos from this morning? I’m still expecting a cancellation email at some point as I can’t collect until next Wednesday. Until the console is in my hands I’ll expect nothing. It’s going to be a long few days waiting.

IIRC you have 7 days from point of purchase until it is automatically refunded/cancelled. But if the stock count was incorrect or whatever guess who'd be the loser out - I'd try and pick that up sooner than later if you've got confirmation it is available.

EDIT: Actually I think you can extend your click and collect window: "You can extend your online collection window in the Recent Orders section of Your Account."

Optimistic of anyone past a hundred to stay on thinking they are getting one.

Even a hundred is probably optimistic - lot of stock has gone to staff at the various retailers - probably only dozens will have made it to retail.

Last edited:
Soldato
IIRC you have 7 days from point of purchase until it is automatically refunded/cancelled. But if the stock count was incorrect or whatever guess who'd be the loser out - I'd try and pick that up sooner than later if you've got confirmation it is available.

Sorry I should have made it clear, my confirmation email said I can collect it from Wednesday 9th but will receive a confirmation text once it’s ready.

Associate
Managed to get one off shopto just now.

There's a way to skip the queue, once you click this link:https://www.shopto.net/en/ps5hw04-playstation-5-console-dualsense-controller-p1020458/

The buy page comes up briefly, hit the stop on your browser to freeze the page, you can do this as many times as you like until you get it right, then hit the buy button.

Edit: you have to copy and paste the link if you fail, you can't refresh the page

I've just ordered another one for my friend this way
Thanks managed to order one using this. Email saying for 18th December. Did it for a bloke at work too. You might have just saved his Xmas as his son wanted one. Cheers

Associate
Best of luck to everyone that managed to secure one today, hopefully we shall be blessed with PS5s when they dispatch.
Mine shows TBC on Game which is depressing with no estimate delivery date lol.

Soldato
These launches seem to be just designed to waste peoples time, why don't they just take pre-orders with a view to delivering when they can? why do people have to fanny around hunting for stock, praying that websites don't collapse and then trying to checkout in record time?

100%

Back
Top Bottom