• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
My 3090 turned up on Saturday, only ordered in on Friday from the NO competitors!
Also installed a fresh 256gb M.2 drive and did a clean OS install as i was upgrading from a 5700xt

mJlsDgc.jpg

I60RNk0.jpg

qy8fNm7.jpg

*excuse the dining table, only bought the PC down to install and do the OS install whilst I was painting my office*

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Got to admit, I'm impressed with the 3090's, seem to be less issues with them then the 3080's in regards to stability of clocks, and undervolting performance. Maybe after I finally get a waterblock, I'll pop the 420w bios on and really give it an overclock.
I reckon there's more than a few of us who would still be waiting on 3080's now.
Here's to the 3090 posse and impatience with stock:p:D

Soldato
Thanks, this is what i did at a first stage. i'm going to try a bit more tomorrow, its after that i want to get another level. i'll edid the pic to kinda explain what i'm after.
So the 800mV is where i want, the max i can get at that voltage. then i want to apply a 2nd step at 850mV but i can't do this?

The AB beta's seem a bit buggy. Once you've set a curve it's hard to edit it. Just save your current settings then reset everything and make a new curve, should work
- save current to a profile
- reset
- set -283Mhz core clock
- open curve settings
- set 850mV / 1850~mhz
- apply

Seems like fan curve gets saved through reset so you just need to enable the two left buttons just under the fan speed to enable it again

Associate
Got to admit, I'm impressed with the 3090's, seem to be less issues with them then the 3080's in regards to stability of clocks, and undervolting performance. Maybe after I finally get a waterblock, I'll pop the 420w bios on and really give it an overclock.
I reckon there's more than a few of us who would still be waiting on 3080's now.
Here here! :D

Associate
The AB beta's seem a bit buggy. Once you've set a curve it's hard to edit it. Just save your current settings then reset everything and make a new curve, should work
- reset
- set -283Mhz core clock
- open curve settings
- set 850mV / 1850~mhz
- apply

Seems like fan curve gets saved through reset so you just need to enable the two left buttons just under the fan speed to enable it again
I'm using the same version, if you save the fan profile you want before you click apply it works, but save it to a profile. I found it's easiest to do 1 curve for say 800mhz, then I reset to default hit the profile, edit the curve, apply the change, then save it to naother profile. I have 3 atm, the core voltage slider on the main interface does nothing as our cards are already at max, the power limit works if you want to boost the power draw, and stabilize any Power issues with an overclock.

Associate

I was 150 something in the queue for a 3080 Xtreme and got fed up as didn’t move for weeks other than the odd cancellation so decided to cancel my self and order a 6800xt which got cancelled by OCUK as they over sold :( so took the punt on a 3090 as that was what I really wanted

Soldato
I'm using the same version, if you save the fan profile you want before you click apply it works, but save it to a profile. I found it's easiest to do 1 curve for say 800mhz, then I reset to default hit the profile, edit the curve, apply the change, then save it to naother profile. I have 3 atm, the core voltage slider on the main interface does nothing as our cards are already at max, the power limit works if you want to boost the power draw, and stabilize any Power issues with an overclock.

Yeah tempted to try some other bios to up the max power for the zotac 3090. There's just a couple of times it can clip the max PL under rtx games like quake 2. There's a few cards with the same input and output ports. 370w should be enough really

- (365w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/225725/palit-rtx3090-24576-200902
- (366w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/225493/evga-rtx3090-24576-200902
- (370w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/225579/inno3d-rtx3090-24576-200904
- (390w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/226727/226727 - but this one isn't verified

Associate
- reset
- set -283Mhz core clock
- open curve settings
- set 850mV / 1850~mhz
- apply

Thanks for the help all!

Currently successful so far like this. 1950mhz @ 850mV. If i start to go higher hitting power limit of this firmware. currently sits around 340w-ish

had to up it to 875mV as crashed in stressing. seems better!

V773Ywu.png

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently undervolting my FE, mainly to reduce fan speeds. However, on stocks settings I found it was hitting the 350W power limit at just 1770MHz in Time Spy. Down to 950mV which is allowing the boost to get to 1815Mhz, and I'll continue down. Obviously it's not reducing the power draw as it's still at the power limit!

How representative is Time Spy of real world gaming?

Soldato
Hmm i am trying this undervolting for the first time with my ZOTAC 3090 now and with voltage set at 850 mv is running at 1815Mhz and board power draw usage is showing around 250/260 watt, temps have dropped about 6c also.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Hmm i am trying this undervolting for the first time with my ZOTAC 3090 now and with voltage set at 850 mv is running at 1815Mhz and board power draw usage is showing around 250/260 watt, temps have dropped about 6c also.

Its a no brainer even just for the electric saving. The other passive effects just make it something of a permanent tweak rather than short-term till you get a meatier PSU. Owning a Vega certainly paid off in tinkering with all the settings to get better performance than out of the box.

Associate
My benchmark scores have increased, along with all the other benefits. Previously the power limit was severely limiting the boost available. I'm also currently stable at 850mV and 1815MHz, and my Time Spy scores have gone up by a few hundred points as a result.

It wasn't my intention - I was trying to reduce fan speeds for a small performance hit - so I'm going to carry on down and see what I can get at 825 and 800.

Associate
My benchmark scores have increased, along with all the other benefits. Previously the power limit was severely limiting the boost available. I'm also currently stable at 850mV and 1815MHz, and my Time Spy scores have gone up by a few hundred points as a result.

It wasn't my intention - I was trying to reduce fan speeds for a small performance hit - so I'm going to carry on down and see what I can get at 825 and 800.
Amazing cards!

Soldato
Now at 1905 Mhz @850mv , power draw is going a little higher at 270 watt and temps are 71c with stock fan profile.

Dropped it down to 1850mhz as some games were pushing temps up a little more than i would like.

Will keep tweaking.

Last edited:
Associate
This thread is a thing of beauty, all these majestic 3090s and the OP did a fantastic job as well. I'm just waiting for my new car to arrive in the UK from bmw, it'll probably be next year but I'm definitely going to try out the click and collect unless my health gets any worse then I'll do delivery I'm so tempted to buy one now though .

Back
Top Bottom