New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
Good news for dell owners who care about sRGB, a guy reported on reddit that if you just doing the OSD changes (considering ICC is near useless for main stream use), it is about 70% effective.

Based on his response, and he also has provided the OSD settings to change, which I can share if any are interested I had decided if my LG hadnt shipped today I would cancel and wait for the dell, but it has now shipped, so assuming it arrives ok and works properly I will cancel my dell order.

Man of Honour
Ah I forget Switzerland is not part of the EU.

It’s nice when I buy things from Amazon UK because I still get free shipping but they take off the 20% UK vat and charge the 8% local vat, with no handling fees.

The UK really get shafted with prices of goods if a country known for crazy high prices can get things far cheaper.

My Xbox was much cheaper here too.

Soldato
Good news for dell owners who care about sRGB, a guy reported on reddit that if you just doing the OSD changes (considering ICC is near useless for main stream use), it is about 70% effective.

Based on his response, and he also has provided the OSD settings to change, which I can share if any are interested I had decided if my LG hadnt shipped today I would cancel and wait for the dell, but it has now shipped, so assuming it arrives ok and works properly I will cancel my dell order.
Could you link?

Soldato
here you go guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/irmnd7/dell_s2721dgf_and_lg_27gn850b_after_calibration/

His reply when I asked about OSD only.

If you just games and use media players, which I assume from your question, then yes. The osd can bring the colors to close enough what my icc profile does, albeit there is a noticable difference, but the difference is pretty miniscule. It isnt a like a jump from 1 to 10 in difference, more like 1 to 3 if you get what i mean. I would decide base on other factors. You shouldnt have a big issue.

Associate
in 5 days 3 months will have passed and the ship date still says 13 november. This has really been a painful experience and I don't think I am ever going to buy a product from dell ever again. If in one week nothing changes I think it would be time to throw in the towel and consider myself defeated. From what I see no dgf order will be fulfilled. Probs will just cancel it get the money back and buy a monitor next year. I know a dude who ordered his a month after me and his arrives on monday. I really have nothing but content for these people at the customer support who just spout bs non stop with "we will raise a concern at the factory" or "the tracker will be updated at eod". It really is a shame that they just can't send me an email telling me "hey retard your order is never coming, just cancel that **** and buy from a competent competitor". Hope that by jan or feb the new msi monitor will be available in the uk or any good product that I won't have to order 3 months in advance still not knowing were the actual **** it is. No matter how many times you can call no one will answer. heh at least they offered that 10% to wipe my ass with.

Associate
Nah **** dell, they can shove their response time up their ass. You can't even order a dgfa now. Probs will buy a better monitor in Feb after I build a 5900x with a 3080 pc. Even if order a full price scalped one right now I would not be able to use it since I leave the country for christmas.

Soldato
My LG850 is here a day early, UPS originally said Thursday on tracker, then it changed to Friday, and it came on Thursday anyway.

How did the OSD tweaks work for you guys on the dell?

Associate
Yep, those DGF ordered should be forgotten about.

Get a DGFA if you still feel up to it, though supposedly all the discounting has well and truly finished now

I've left my Oct 5 order open - for a couple of reasons
1. the money has been released back to my bank so I haven't got it tied up.
2. It's now subject to a formal complaint to Dell

Also it's highly unlikely I'd be able to get a replacement monitor at this moment in time of the same ability at the price and before the end of the year so i've left it open just in case though I'm not bothered as I'm more than happy to wait for monitors being released next year since I can't do the rest of the PC update anyway with teh stock situation of other items.

Associate
I've left my Oct 5 order open - for a couple of reasons
1. the money has been released back to my bank so I haven't got it tied up.
2. It's now subject to a formal complaint to Dell

Also it's highly unlikely I'd be able to get a replacement monitor at this moment in time of the same ability at the price and before the end of the year so i've left it open just in case though I'm not bothered as I'm more than happy to wait for monitors being released next year since I can't do the rest of the PC update anyway with teh stock situation of other items.

Oh yeah, my order from then is still open too. May as well be

Back
Top Bottom