Alternative to Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Rev. 1.0 please?

Associate
I've been running the X570 Aorus Elite for about 1 year. It has ALWAYS been slow to Post - 20-30 seconds. Others have reported the same issue. Various suggestions (XMP, CSM related) made no difference. I'm running up-to-date BIOS.
I now have to replace my case (ATX). Since I have to strip the system down, I'm considering replacing the motherboard at the same time because of the above.(Windows 10 adventures I'm sure).
I would appreciate suggestions on a replacement motherboard.
- ATX format
- It would need to have the same USB and SATA capability & connectivity as the Aorus Elite.
- It does not have to be Gigabyte. Just reliable manufacturer and good quality.
- I am not into overclocking (other than any built-in boost mode in the motherboard).

Associated question: My RAM is 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200. Will I need to change this with the motherboard change?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Eddie

Associate
I've been running the X570 Aorus Elite for about 1 year. It has ALWAYS been slow to Post - 20-30 seconds. Others have reported the same issue. Various suggestions (XMP, CSM related) made no difference. I'm running up-to-date BIOS.
I now have to replace my case (ATX). Since I have to strip the system down, I'm considering replacing the motherboard at the same time because of the above.(Windows 10 adventures I'm sure).
I would appreciate suggestions on a replacement motherboard.
- ATX format
- It would need to have the same USB and SATA capability & connectivity as the Aorus Elite.
- It does not have to be Gigabyte. Just reliable manufacturer and good quality.
- I am not into overclocking (other than any built-in boost mode in the motherboard).

Associated question: My RAM is 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200. Will I need to change this with the motherboard change?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Eddie

Isn't this just Ryzen in general, ive had B450 and x570 both take age to boot with all the pre post checks, fast boot can cut it down to under 10secs but is hassle to enter bios when enabled. Don't think changing board is going to help you there, anyone else?

Associate
Just did a quick time on mine, was sub 20s to post, closer to 15.
Around 30s from cold boot to Win logon.
And that's with fast boot disabled in BIOS and Windows.
X570 Aorus Pro.

So 20 to 30 for POST does seem high but as mentioned above, not sure how much lower you expect this to go?
Do you have a lot of devices connected (internal and external) and a lot of BIOS options left on 'auto'?

Associate
I got auros elite, it seems an age but actual boot time according to task manager is 15.0 seconds, it used to be 20+ on older bios, but yea can depend on amount of devices, I heard ryzen does a bunch of pre post checks that intel systems don't do. I would guess all things staying the same in your config you are going to have same issue with whatever board you have its really not worth changing, auros elite is a posh board.

Associate
OP
Thank you MegaPinches and chaosophy for your input.
You've confirmed what I had been thinking after researching this.
Its' not a major problem but I find it annoying - definitely slower than previous Intels I had.
I'll stick with it for another while to get my money's worth out of it.
Thank you again.
Eddie

Associate
Thank you MegaPinches and chaosophy for your input.
You've confirmed what I had been thinking after researching this.
Its' not a major problem but I find it annoying - definitely slower than previous Intels I had.
I'll stick with it for another while to get my money's worth out of it.
Thank you again.
Eddie

Yea my old i5 rig would boot to windows before my monitor had even woken up.

It's small price to pay for a better system though.

Back
Top Bottom