• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
If i remember PS4 orders was never like this , so why is it such a nightmare with PS5 orders

combination of scalpers (even on here most people are ordering more than one), and retailers refusing to do unlimited pre orders.

we need OCUK to start selling them, they the only retailer I know that let people pre order and just wait instead of the nonsense going on now.

Caporegime
Scalpers are taking advantage of the situation retailers are creating, they know that if they gobble up all of the stock that is slowly trickling out with bots etc the demand for their rip-off priced consoles will still be there. If regular people could simply pre-order they'd be less inclined to pay Ebay prices out of despair, prices would soon fall and the scalpers would stop hoovering up additional stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Scalpers are taking advantage of the situation retailers are creating, they know that if they gobble up all of the stock that is slowly trickling out with bots etc the demand for their rip-off priced consoles will still be there. If regular people could simply pre-order they'd be less inclined to pay Ebay prices out of despair, prices would soon fall and the scalpers would stop hoovering up additional stock.
Scalper issue would be resolved if people didn't pay the stupid prices.

I had this debate with Mrs other day, whilst I think scalpers are scum they exist cause people will pay over the odds.

She gave me this scenario, she admitted should our son be older and he asked for his own and it's all he wanted say for Xmas,birthday etc she would likely pay over the odds.

Where as I said I wouldn't, I'd just sit my son down and say when it's in stock at normal price by all means il get one.

Now it's not all parents buying these inflated consols for crimbo etc but because over all so many people are scalpers win and keep existing.

Yet Cex who I think are **** anyway are now also in on and selling consols for 815 and buying them off people for 615 (see Eurogamer)

That disgusts me more as there a retailer all be it a crap one

Soldato
Yet some digital people will say it's too much effort selling games on and happily discard the whole price! Madness
Yeah it’s why I think the DE PS5 is poor value overall.

So far I’ve not paid full price for any game.

I got Demon Souls for £60, Sackboy for £50, Miles ultimate for £65, Dirt 5 for £35, DMC 5 for £25.

I’ve already made up a good amount of the £100 difference already and it’s still launch and that’s not even considering reselling the games either.

Associate
Yeah it’s why I think the DE PS5 is poor value overall.

So far I’ve not paid full price for any game.

I got Demon Souls for £60, Sackboy for £50, Miles ultimate for £65, Dirt 5 for £35, DMC 5 for £25.

I’ve already made up a good amount of the £100 difference already and it’s still launch and that’s not even considering reselling the games either.

People that buy the digital edition wouldn't be selling on the games anyway and would buy most the games in a sale. Dont understand why its so difficult for some people to understand.

Thats why there us a choice to suit both types of people.

Soldato
People that buy the digital edition wouldn't be selling on the games anyway and would buy most the games in a sale. Dont understand why its so difficult for some people to understand.

Thats why there us a choice to suit both types of people.

So those sold out digital consoles are just to sit unopened for months waiting for a sale? Sounds legit. I don't think this forum represents 'most people'

Soldato
So those sold out digital consoles are just to sit unopened for months waiting for a sale? Sounds legit. I don't think this forum represents 'most people'

No I just think those that get the DE consoles don't care about recouping their money.

I had the PS4 and PS4 Pro and had like maybe 8 games on disc throughout the consoles life but have 100-150+ games on digital. Most were bought either during a sale or by bulk buying PSN credit at cheaper prices to make them more inline with retail disc costs.

Yes I couldn't sell the games on but then again I had my PS4 behind my TV where putting discs in was bothersome so didn't care as it was ease of use.

I did have the PS5 DE pre-ordered and had the option to have on release but decided against it even with 99% of my games being digital as wanted to get a disc version anyway for options.

Some just won't care and will buy everything full price in the store for ease of use and not having to change discs, wait for delivery of them and spend time reselling afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom