Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
Take a look at thesimgrid.com. They're setting up a daily racing setup too @ beta.thesimgrid.com which gets a good turn out. A few real life GT drivers have dropped into those races too (David Perel, Nick Foster, Kelvin van de Linde, etc).
Thanks ill have a look tonight,
@EddScott I think you'll be safe enough it seems to be quite popular and never wait to get added to races online but recently I just keep getting added to the same race, maybe its the time of night I go on (night shift) I get spa in pitch dark and full of people hitting each other all the time

Soldato
Just jump on a Monza server, it's super easy to gain SA if you know the track and avoid everybody. SA works by being tardy on the track, nailing turns as well racing steady with others.

The game in general goes from strength to strength, only picking up numbers online. The British GT3 expansion drops this month i believe. I just wish Kunos would give more of a **** about VR, it seems to be us and our friends ain't bothered, so they blank any conversion with 'we can do nothing'.

Associate
just nipped on to beta.thesimgrid and joined in tonights race, no i see how bad i really am haha! i came in 24th out of 30 but on a track im not familiar with. My SA jumped up from 42 to 45 so happy with that. I know monza track quite well ill give that server a go,take it you just type iin moza in the server search bar? oooh another DLC to purchase

Associate
Practiced for a about 30 mins on brands hatch and got down to a 1.30 and thought that was good enough, until I joined into one one the sim grid races and got wiped. I would be better with a wheel I suppose but only use my xbox controller.
2l6qrMf.jpg
Qualified in 5th and ended the race in 5th.

Also found an ACC companion app which you just leave open in the background thought it was pretty handy!
MWXKrBi.jpg

Soldato
2020 tyres mate, it's like dacing on ice with traction control ratchet down a few knocks if you punch the corners with too much power down.

There are still loads of servers running the 2019 sets, but anything 2020 your edge of grip expectations need to lower a little.

,take it you just type iin moza in the server search bar?

When you press in muliplayer in game, hit the server list tab. They'll be plenty of Monza servers, anything from 20 to 90 rated.

Associate
Had 20 mins or so in one monza server and everytime I hit the breaks for a corner I got rammed right off the track! Found another that wasn't to bad. Just finished a race on sim grid on spa no chance of crashes there as I qualified 8/12 then at the race everyone took off stayed 8th for about 4/5 laps then they just took off. LAST

Soldato
I think I've still got a rented server up for ACC, it's currently running SPA but if anyone wants to mess around on it, I can change it to something else.

I'm still a predominately BMW M6 man even though I know there's better out there :p

Soldato
Would definitely be up for some OcUK racing. Only had the game a few weeks but my 95 SA can't handle public servers!

I'm game for that - it's only an 8 slot but I reckon we could get a few together.

My SA never seems to get over 78 these days, T1 into Monza always guarantees someone either missing the braking zone and punting you into the run off, or going three deep in and causing a massive pile up. Last night I came around Parabolica to find a Lambo had lost it in the grass on the inside, hit a wall, and then come back across the track backwards just quick enough for me to have no choice but to go into the side of it - took me out of the race while I repaired!

Soldato
I almost exclusively play ACC.

Only really know Spa and Monza enough not to crash "that" much. :)

I tend to stick with the Huracan Evo.

Yeah I'm pretty much the same, I can get around Catalunya but I'm always miles off the pace on that track. I tried my hand at Paul Ricard and it was absolute crap show!

Back
Top Bottom