• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Well it means I can’t play cyberpunk and my room is full of pc parts I can’t use. This was my treat as I’ve been saving for making my first desktop for ages like I said. I just can’t believe after all my effort the one moment I thought they wouldn’t update was when they did

Associate
I spent 55mins today on hold and have been refreshing the forums nearly every 10mins for any update since Wednesday when the cards couldve been listed. After 8pm today when i still saw nothing, i thought that the work day ended and its late so theres no chance they will update anything. 1 hour later they go up which i dont see till 30mins after that and of course theres nothing. I tried my best as this was the only place ive heard that were going to list them and ive never had the chance to buy the newest of something after saving for the last 3 years. I dont know what to do as im simply devastated, have everything else for my pc and i really did try so hard. I hate my life as i cant get anything right. :(

Christ this makes me feel bad

Associate
People pretty much life coaching each other over graphics card is hilarious.

Maybe due to the tone of the original post Kentman thought he might be doing a little good. Hell, so many people are depressed at present due to covid etc it can sometimes be seemingly small things that can feel the worst. Yes, it's just a graphics card but possibly it would have the effect of lightening up the load on someone who has had a bad run lately.

Soldato
There is nothing really more to say - what a disappointment.
i was watching the thread where Gibbo said this is the place where announcements would be made. Then I get a text from someone else who knew I was trying to get one, saying it was all over half an hour ago. Great, thanks for... nothing?

I built a new PC just for this - currently running a decent 32 inch gaming monitor (from here) but on an old GTX770 - flight sim just says no, and warzone looks crap. Can't render anything more than 100m away.

I'm going to throw my PC out of the window and try my best not to follow it out. As Fangface said, this was the one thing I was looking forward to this year, after a heavy year of loss.

So once again - thanks for nothing!

For £120 you can grab yourself a 980Ti to keep you going until the new year when stock levels might get better. This has been the state of new hardware for the best part of 2020.

Soldato
i was watching the thread where Gibbo said this is the place where announcements would be made. Then I get a text from someone else who knew I was trying to get one, saying it was all over half an hour ago. Great, thanks for... nothing?

I built a new PC just for this - currently running a decent 32 inch gaming monitor (from here) but on an old GTX770 - flight sim just says no, and warzone looks crap. Can't render anything more than 100m away.

I'm going to throw my PC out of the window and try my best not to follow it out. As Fangface said, this was the one thing I was looking forward to this year, after a heavy year of loss.

Hmm you've joined the forum just to be rude to Gibbo (who was doing a favour for forum members of which you weren't even one last night)... :confused:

Associate

You mean the thread he posted in at 8pm last night :confused::confused::confused:

Soldato
Well it means I can’t play cyberpunk
i doubt that's the worst let down you'll suffer in life, settle yourself down a bit.

thanks for nothing indeed, thanks for not being an active member of the forums, thanks for trying to snipe on the products aimed at the active members of the forum, thanks for your crying self entitled post. so yea thanks for nothing. i hope whoever got the cards are active forum members who have over the time of their membership helped out other members in one way or another. and thankfully the likes of yourself missed out. it's a shame you've had a year of loss but plenty of others have lost a lot this year too and still maintain a modicum of humility.

Associate
The great thing about PC gaming is that you can play a crapton of games which don't require the latest GPU's to run. I know it is hard, especially when there is a new game coming that you would want to play but my advice would be to find a game that you can run and just throw yourself into it. Immerse yourself in it until you can get the GPU you want to run the games you want. I am sure there are loads of games you have never played before that you would love if you gave them a try. Just my 2 cents worth.

Associate
Yes, the very same one where he promised to post, but didnt, for the release at around 2pm? or were you asleep?

No, I was awake and jumped on the moment my alert pinged on email around 8pm when Gib posted and successfully brought a 6800.
It seems you were the one asleep and then woke up to cry your sob story on the forum and blame a man for trying to avoid scalpers.
Also nowhere did he explicitly state he would update that specific thread for 2pm.

Soldato

The worst thing about that is that some desperate and gullible idiot will buy it :(

maybe you need help learning to read, too...?

"*P.S. THIS THREAD IS THE THREAD WHERE UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL APPEAR REGARDING 6800 SERIES AND HINTS AS TO WHEN YOU CAN ORDER!"

as in - "this thread"

i'll wait whilst you catch up

Whilst I understand you're frustrated, you aren't going to last long around here if you keep that attitude up - personal attacks are against the forum rules.

Back
Top Bottom