• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Resistance is futile, RTX is inevitable!

If only my darn 5950X, and rest of the parts would ship. Got an entire bundle on pre-order.
Was hoping to have it all up and running before CP 2077, since my 5820K is kneecapping the 3090.

Bask in the relaxation that you have a lovely FE with mighty VRAM. I hope it comes soon though!

Associate
They've been there for about 8 hours. Congratulations though.
It must have been the slowest f5 in history. I guess the demand for 3090s has been met. The 3090Fe is still in stock and has been all day.
Not sure why anyone would waste time and money sitting in a queue for a more expensive aib model.

Associate
I'm really fed up waiting on the 3080, I managed to get one in the basket at the last drop but due to a faf with paypal I missed it!
Soooo tempted to get the 3090 but my case is just not big enough to accommodate it.
Now I could get a new case but although I'm sure I could get away with my Mrs not noticing a new 3090 (she's not that observant!) even she would notice a new case! :D

Associate
I'm really fed up waiting on the 3080, I managed to get one in the basket at the last drop but due to a faf with paypal I missed it!
Soooo tempted to get the 3090 but my case is just not big enough to accommodate it.
Now I could get a new case but although I'm sure I could get away with my Mrs not noticing a new 3090 (she's not that observant!) even she would notice a new case! :D

your thinking about it all the wrong way, even if you get the card 1st, hide it,, drop subtle hints your just not getting the cooling you need in your current case, wait till she is interested enough to ask why dont you get a bigger one!, leave it a week after its re built then slip in the 3090

its what im going to do if a 3080 fe doesn't drop tomorrow, like you Mrs, mine would check every bloody component if a new case just arrived!

Associate
your thinking about it all the wrong way, even if you get the card 1st, hide it,, drop subtle hints your just not getting the cooling you need in your current case, wait till she is interested enough to ask why dont you get a bigger one!, leave it a week after its re built then slip in the 3090

its what im going to do if a 3080 fe doesn't drop tomorrow, like you Mrs, mine would check every bloody component if a new case just arrived!

Now that is a good plan but if there was even a hint of her knowing how much I would be paying on a 3090 along with the fact I'm trying to bag a PS5 as well (that one she knows about) and essentially spending nearly 2K on myself her wrath would be unfathomable :eek::D

Soldato
Quite funny that I was called out for being an AMD fanboy, bitter, jealous etc. even when I tried to explain it wasn't about the money, I just didn't feel the 3090 was good value for money. I still don't think it's great value for money but we're talking about a "want" not a "need". I can now stop looking at products I just can't buy and getting annoyed about how the consumer is getting treated right now. OK fully accept I'm just getting pre-gouged by NVIDIA (eyes wide open here) but to be honest I'll probably spend more of lunch/coffee in a year than GFX cards ;)

People are just far too quick to jump in and say "oh well it's because you can't afford it", those people just need to wake up and smell the java, you know nothing about the person that's posting or their finances or motivations.

Lots of people are just now fatigued and think "you know what **** it" and pressed buy ;)

Soldato
It must have been the slowest f5 in history. I guess the demand for 3090s has been met. The 3090Fe is still in stock and has been all day.
Not sure why anyone would waste time and money sitting in a queue for a more expensive aib model.
It's out of stock again this morning, so it seems they still can't keep them available for more than 12 hours or so. Quite a lot of people out there willing to spend £1400 on a graphics card apparently.

Back
Top Bottom