New Alienware Q3 2020

Soldato
I ordered the AW2721d and it’s been shipped today did anyone receive the next day?

Nope, mines has left Lutterworth today after arriving in the UK at 4am and hasn't had an update since...now doubting I'll even get it tomorrow at this point.

I think it's been 2 days minimum when shipped for some so far, I'll be on day 4 tomorrow.

Associate
Just set up my AW2721D and made an account on this forum just to post this.

It would seem like the included display port cable is faulty.
Probably the pin 20 issue.

My pc refuses to boot with the displayport cable connected.

I will try with another cable tomorrow.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
do you even need to use the software for managing the monitor? What is the upside?

i guess not but just thought id try it out anyway better than reaching round the back to change settings calibrate etc

on the subject of calibrating... hope TFT central get their review unit soon
ive used the settings from their reviews as a starting point for every lcd I've bought going back over a decade

you guys also post some of your settings mines looking abit washed out especially the OCUK blue

Associate
Just got my AW2721D today so far i like it but on the top left corner there's a odd looking pixel, by odd i mean its not dead (black) but i can notice it on a white screen if i pay close attention to it, anyone else have this issue?

Soldato
Oooh, my new toy has arrived!! No DHL here just a guy in a van with no information :D

Just a question mate what was your last update.

Mines has been sat at Order Dispatched from Hub WW1 LUTTERWORTH since 4am on the 3rd with no update since. Starting to get worried that it's went missing now given no update in over 24hours.

Associate

Mines has been sat at Order Dispatched from Hub WW1 LUTTERWORTH since 4am on the 3rd with no update since. Starting to get worried that it's went missing now given no update in over 24hours.
Thought I'd add my tracking history to help with timeframes

04/12/20 05:16 WWI - LUTTERWORTH ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
04/12/20 00:17 BPO - BRISTOL ORDER COMPLETE IN DEPOT.
04/12/20 00:17 BPO - BRISTOL FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
03/12/20 15:15 WWI - LUTTERWORTH FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
03/12/20 14:27 WWI - LUTTERWORTH PICKED FROM HOLD
02/12/20 19:08 WWI - LUTTERWORTH ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.
02/12/20 19:08 WWI - LUTTERWORTH FIRST BOX SCANNED INTO HUB.
02/12/20 13:46 PLAN COMMITTED NOTE.
02/12/20 01:51 TILBURG ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
02/12/20 01:20 TILBURG FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
01/12/20 20:40 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY
01/12/20 20:11 TILBURG MERGE ITEMS PICKED.

Last edited:
Soldato

It went from that to a local depot and then out for delivery... Mine hit that same hub at the same time, the process isn't perfect I think when its handed to a local logistics company but you're nearing the end :)

Soldato
It went from that to a local depot and then out for delivery... Mine hit that same hub at the same time, the process isn't perfect I think when its handed to a local logistics company but you're nearing the end :)

Thanks, the lack of a local depot update in over 24 hours does have me nervous. I've spoken to Dell this morning and they've raised a query with the courier as it should have been updated by now.

Fingers crossed it arrives today. They asked me to give them until Monday if they are not in back in touch with me with an update or if indeed the Monitor doesn't arrive.

**EDIT** Update - BPO - GLASGOW ORDER ON DELIVERY. Certainly taken longer than expected but it's made it up North. No additional time windows or tracking so can only assume like yours Smffy it's going to be a random unbranded man in a van.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thanks, the lack of a local depot update in over 24 hours does have me nervous. I've spoken to Dell this morning and they've raised a query with the courier as it should have been updated by now.

Fingers crossed it arrives today. They asked me to give them until Monday if they are not in back in touch with me with an update or if indeed the Monitor doesn't arrive.

**EDIT** Update - BPO - GLASGOW ORDER ON DELIVERY. Certainly taken longer than expected but it's made it up North. No additional time windows or tracking so can only assume like yours Smffy it's going to be a random unbranded man in a van.

This is a busy time of year, it probably just got missed in all the chaos and sat in a corner for a day :(

Associate
AW3821DW - 38", 21:9, 1440p, 144hz, 1MS fast IPS, HDR600, and G-Sync Ultimate

Ordered, managed to get 20% off so total cost was £1040 inc vat Couldn't Resist.

Associate
Via whatsapp? how i tried calling them and the support is so bad, my aw2721d has a stuck pixel
When I went through the support pages on the dell website and put in the details of my issue and my service tag it had a box with a WhatsApp number as an option alongside chat and email support.

Back
Top Bottom