• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
There is nothing really more to say - what a disappointment.
i was watching the thread where Gibbo said this is the place where announcements would be made. Then I get a text from someone else who knew I was trying to get one, saying it was all over half an hour ago. Great, thanks for... nothing?

I built a new PC just for this - currently running a decent 32 inch gaming monitor (from here) but on an old GTX770 - flight sim just says no, and warzone looks crap. Can't render anything more than 100m away.

I'm going to throw my PC out of the window and try my best not to follow it out. As Fangface said, this was the one thing I was looking forward to this year, after a heavy year of loss.

So once again - thanks for nothing!

You are just in the same position as the rest of the world, 99% of people who want a 6800 can’t get hold of one for love nor money.
It’s not the end of the world having to wait like the rest of us.
So many people asking to be made an exception, “it’s my birthday”, “my son needs it for uni”, “I’ve bought all the other bits for my build from you, just waiting for a graphics card”, etc etc

I’m personally stuck at home recovering from COVID-19, given to me by one of my patients, but like everyone else just hope by pure coincidence that I am on the site when drops are announced. I feel rough and can’t spend a lot of time here but hey ho that is life, I’ll just have to wait it out like everybody else, I don’t expect exemptions to be made for me. It will happen one day but I don’t know when that will be, it could be next week or next summer.

I personally want the xt version, which are in even shorter supply than the non xt ones and it will happen one day but nobody knows when that day will be.

Everybody is in the same boat and we just have to get on with things the best we can. Not having an RX6800XT, isn’t the end of the world. It would be nice but I’ll just have to hang on in there like the rest of the world.

Associate
No, I was awake and jumped on the moment my alert pinged on email around 8pm when Gib posted and successfully brought a 6800.
It seems you were the one asleep and then woke up to cry your sob story on the forum and blame a man for trying to avoid scalpers.
Also nowhere did he explicitly state he would update that specific thread for 2pm.

If you are going to correct someone, make sure you are accurate in what you are saying. Gibbo did explicitly state he would be updating a specific thread with when you could buy as you can see here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/

Gibbo did come out afterwards and apologise afterwards which is understandable.

Associate
No, I was awake and jumped on the moment my alert pinged on email around 8pm when Gib posted and successfully brought a 6800.
It seems you were the one asleep and then woke up to cry your sob story on the forum and blame a man for trying to avoid scalpers.
Also nowhere did he explicitly state he would update that specific thread for 2pm.

Don't be harsh on him, I was watching the 6800 post like yesterday too and missed the 2pm update. I did get email after for 8pm update and ordered one.

Associate
Don't be harsh on him, I was watching the 6800 post like yesterday too and missed the 2pm update. I did get email after for 8pm update and ordered one.
When people jump on spouted self-entitlement and blaming OcUK for doing their best in unprecedented times claiming they have ruined that persons life/year then the person clearly has problems and needs a reality slap.
Also spouting that a thread wasn't updated with news when it clearly was. Yes Gib made a mistake first time round earlier in the day but made up for it in the evening.
If he was watching the thread as he claims then he would have received the 8pm update alert like everyone else following that thread.

Soldato
When people jump on spouted self-entitlement and blaming OcUK for doing their best in unprecedented times claiming they have ruined that persons life/year then the person clearly has problems and needs a reality slap.
Also spouting that a thread wasn't updated with news when it clearly was. Yes Gib made a mistake first time round earlier in the day but made up for it in the evening.
If he was watching the thread as he claims then he would have received the 8pm update alert like everyone else following that thread.
There were 3 rounds yesterday so no excuses really

Associate
There were 3 rounds yesterday so no excuses really
This ^^^
Gib went out of his way to ensure people keeping an active eye on OcUK were given a bloody good heads up (and on his week off during a house move) while other etailers simply don't have this level of communication with their customers.

Everyone is in the same boat regardless of the sob story attached to it and Gib did people a favor who are actively following them.

Associate
This ^^^
Gib went out of his way to ensure people keeping an active eye on OcUK were given a bloody good heads up (and on his week off during a house move) while other etailers simply don't have this level of communication with their customers.

Everyone is in the same boat regardless of the sob story attached to it and Gib did people a favor who are actively following them.
This. Definitely this. OCUK is doing the best they can and does of course make mistakes. Everyone does. Can you imagine all the juggling they are doing right now?

At most of the other stores - online and in person - you will not get the level of customer service you receive at OCUK. If you are lucky, you can get through to someone to ask a question but often, they will have very limited information and read from a script.

Every time we are looking for computer components, our first stop is OCUK. It may not always be possible to buy everything here but if given a choice, we go with OCUK because their customer service is personal, even when mistakes are made.

Soldato
Yup - he said he'd update a certain thread and then updated in another one combining the two and apologised and said he'd update the original 6800 thread (this one) when more went on later in the day. I kept an eye on this thread and managed to get one. It's not been easy for anyone, but definitely much harder for Gibbo/OcUK. Not sure how they could have handled it better, they gave forum members a chance to get them before scalpers, which they do not even have to do.. and multiple times at that.. Was I ecstatic to pay over the original RRP to get it at OcUK? Not overly, but it wasn't outrageous compared to others and it definitely wasn't the eBay scalpers pricing. But I wouldn't have even got near to getting one if Gibbo didn't go out of his way to let people know a few minutes in advance.

Back
Top Bottom