• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Thankfully there's already been a big sale very close to the PS5 release, so they won't have sat for long ;)

I've gone digital as i've already made the jump on X1, I have no desire to buy disc based games. Buying PSN credit at less than face value brings the price down to a more acceptable level imo.

Soldato
Just sold DS, let me know when it's £10 on digital sale.
One big advantage of digital is you don't have to listen to that awful disc drive, that could be worth the loss come to think of it.

I get it's different strokes and all @dakaiez but if waiting for next day delivery and putting something in the post is too much for some people I dread to think how difficult life in general must be.

Last edited:
Soldato
I get it's different strokes and all @dakaiez but if waiting for next day delivery and putting something in the post is too much for some people I dread to think how difficult life in general must be.

Precisely different strokes, that's all it is.

I just bought 99% of my games digitally as it was more convenient for me, like I said PS4 was sat behind my TV and putting in discs meant moved my TV unit out the way or trying to lift the PS4 up and over to get discs in.

Even if I still had the same setup now I'd have still got the disc drive version in case I ever needed it. I had the DE guaranteed for launch and passed on it just waiting for regular stock now and will get a normal PS5 as it's much easier to get to.

Problem is I'll still probably buy most games digitally as it's more convenient for me. I don't like having to store discs in places, also if I take it anywhere hate having to travel with them all where I can load up any game without a disc.

If you know where to get cheaper PSN cards that bring it more inline with physical prices then it's less of a hit to the wallet.

It's basically like PC gaming having things linked with Steam, Ubisoft, Origin, Blizzard etc unfortunately consoles digital games are stupidly priced for the most part.

Soldato
I'm going to attempt to change the colour of my side panels, I'll show you how bad I mess it up at a later date. I'm using Plastidip though so should be able to reverse it if it's crap

Soldato
Just got the DPD notification, PS5 from EE coming tomorrow :cool:

did you order yours the same day as me? I have had mine since Monday, they tried to deliver at work on sat. I didn’t get a despatch notification from EE just woke up on sat to a couple of texts saying I had a delivery and then a missed del. they even tried to deliver on Sunday but I changed to Monday.

I have not got any next gen games apart from Astro Bot and Fortnite and they do look great, I can’t wait until some big titles arrive. That said the PS4 games run incredibly well. Days Gone, Ghosts of Tsushima and God of War all seem to run at 4K locked 60FPS! Silky smooth! Apparently Days Gone ran on the PS4 Pro at 30FPS at 4K so double the frame rate is
Bloody impressive!

just need to find a pair of the Pulse 3D headphones now! :(

Back
Top Bottom