• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
1080p - 6800 is ~4% slower than the 3080 and 9% slower than the 6800 XT (Hardware unboxed 18 game average)
1440p - 6800 is ~7% slower than the 3080 and 9% slower than the 6800 XT (Hardware unboxed 18 game average)
4k - 6800 is ~10% slower than the 6800 XT and ~14% slower than the 3080. (Hardware unboxed 18 game average)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y26liH-poM&t=609s

Initially I was disappointed not to get a 6800XT but the 6800 will do me at 1440p ultrawide, especially since I will be putting a water block on it which I can then over clock to pretty much XT speeds.

Associate
One quesiton, will the 3060's come with the year free Geforce Now? Not a big deal but didnt see it on the product page but on most other retailers.

1080p - 6800 is ~4% slower than the 3080 and 9% slower than the 6800 XT (Hardware unboxed 18 game average)
1440p - 6800 is ~7% slower than the 3080 and 9% slower than the 6800 XT (Hardware unboxed 18 game average)
4k - 6800 is ~10% slower than the 6800 XT and ~14% slower than the 3080. (Hardware unboxed 18 game average)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y26liH-poM&t=609s

It's just the weaker RT performance that bothers me and the current lack of a DLSS equivalent.
Otherwise AMD would have had NVIDIA pinned up against the wall with no where to go.
Steve @ HWU always plays down the importance of RT, but there are only going to be more games using it.
So if the plan is to keep your card for a couple of years+ it's going to matter (imho).

Soldato
Yeah, the weaker RT is an issue but it is perfectly fine in rasterisation and hopefully AMDs upscaling tech will be decent. What I am pleased about is the fact the 6800 has 16GB VRAM for those at 4K. I genuinely would not touch a 3070 with 8GB VRAM for 4K gaming and the 3080 was sort of a worry.

Soldato
Even though I got a 6800 I won't belive it until I have it in my hands. Still gotta pray everything goes as planned with OCUK taking payment, having the stock and DPD actually delivering the thing.

Same as! But I think the order went through, money is gone so fingers crossed. And Merry Christmas Santa Gibbo, in fairness, doing this for the forum members is a great idea, nice touch.

Otherwise I think I would have had literally zero chance of getting a card before Christmas realistically. And my wife and colleagues thought I was "wasting my time" on internet forums - hah! Who's laughing now!?

Associate
I feel like I maybe one of the culled ones, had a slight outage during checkout. Was one of the late ones.

Caporegime
I keep swinging between companies for my next card but a 6800 not that much slower than a 3080 is pretty temping, especially coming with 16GB of VRAM. It would be twice as fast as my Vega 56 by the look of it and I could get over the weaker RT performance, if AMD had a decent DLSS equivalent down the road. Do we know much about it and when it will come?

Associate
I keep swinging between companies for my next card but a 6800 not that much slower than a 3080 is pretty temping, especially coming with 16GB of VRAM. It would be twice as fast as my Vega 56 by the look of it and I could get over the weaker RT performance, if AMD had a decent DLSS equivalent down the road. Do we know much about it and when it will come?

There was early reports from rumour mills and "leakers" saying they had an implementation they wanted to keep working on into Q1 next year. Pretty sure this was backed up by some AMD execs in/around the 6000 announcements saying they were getting ready for a Super-resolution system next year. So sometime around then I'd expect you'd hear an official announcement on their progress and potentially implementation?

Associate
@Gibbo Hi Gibbo, I ordered Palit 3060Ti Dual yesterday, order received but not dispatched yet, do we know when these will be going out? thanks for any help in advance.

Associate
@Gibbo Hi Gibbo, I ordered Palit 3060Ti Dual yesterday, order received but not dispatched yet, do we know when these will be going out? thanks for any help in advance.

He had already indicated likely next week assuming you werent one of the oversold in which case you'd hear from them next week.

Caporegime
Gibbo's day off today, you won't get ahold of him.

Maybe waste a couple of hours of your life and call them? (the CS line cuts you off after a 2hr wait apparantly lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom