• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It not looking likely OCUK's competitor that bothers to update its customers have said all there asus shipments have been delayed till 9-18th dec and they have been given shipments is far more regularly
See, I don't understand why we don't get these updates here. Clearly this information is going to stores. Unless OC is so small that even the distributors don't care about them, there isn't any reason for things like that to be posted here.

Boggles the mind that we have to go to a competitor to get any sort of update on what we've ordered, yet OC think we'll come back here with our business?!

Associate
They have supposedly got 10,000 containers of un useable PPE blocking all storage at ports like Felixstowe etc, They should have them moved to a disused runway somewhere to allow all the imports in.

Felixstowe alone can store 4x that number of containers, that isn't the problem.

The company that runs the port is in a mess, they had to bring back their old CEO from retirement to try and get things sorted out...

Associate
See, I don't understand why we don't get these updates here. Clearly this information is going to stores. Unless OC is so small that even the distributors don't care about them, there isn't any reason for things like that to be posted here.

Boggles the mind that we have to go to a competitor to get any sort of update on what we've ordered, yet OC think we'll come back here with our business?!

Think you'd be a mug to come back for future orders here personally. Looking at their trustpilot page recently is amusing. Communication is almost non existent.

I'm also looking at the competitor site for even a hint of info when cards might be coming in. Stock update thread just gets updated for whatever card he feels like on a day picked out a hat it seems, some that do come in and are shipped to people are never even mentioned.

Last edited:

Well they have been advertising pre builds for Christmas all over facebook so I guess that's where the GPU 's are

Associate

OCUK is definitely big enough i think it’s just a mix of @Gibbo is not man enough to admit he made a mistake allowing so many pre-orders and if he have give us clear updates it would be easy to see that OCUK is getting nowhere near as many cards as it’s better competitor. I back-ordered my amd 5900x from the better competitor after this mess and they emailed with a update on Tuesday to tell me when I will receive my new cpu and let I have no idea when I will receive my strix that I ordered in September!! From OCUK other then some point at the beginning next year hopefully.

Associate
OCUK is definitely big enough i think it’s just a mix of @Gibbo is not man enough to admit he made a mistake allowing so many pre-orders and if he have give us clear updates it would be easy to see that OCUK is getting nowhere near as many cards as it’s better competitor. I back-ordered my amd 5900x from the better competitor after this mess and they emailed with a update on Tuesday to tell me when I will receive my new cpu and let I have no idea when I will receive my strix that I ordered in September!! From OCUK other then some point at the beginning next year hopefully.
agreed, I honestly cannot understand how he gets away with it. If a similar situation went on where I am, the directors would be down on that individual like a tonne of bricks, and if the sitation didn't improve that individual would be replaced. lack of communication and customer service aren't tolerated due to the damage it can do to a reputation. Guessing OCUK either doesn't understand that, or just doesn't care!

Associate
So competitor has already got the ventus/gaming trio delivary this week.

1 month on still sitting in top 10 for a ventus.

OC you suck.

Associate
agreed, I honestly cannot understand how he gets away with it. If a similar situation went on where I am, the directors would be down on that individual like a tonne of bricks, and if the sitation didn't improve that individual would be replaced. lack of communication and customer service aren't tolerated due to the damage it can do to a reputation. Guessing OCUK either doesn't understand that, or just doesn't care!
I’m guessing they don’t care specially since there shipping prebuilt PC’s with next day delivery with rtx3080’s in them

Associate
They have already explained that, they have 2 types of stock, one for retail IE selling to us and one that comes for PC builds without all the pretty packaging etc probably cheaper to them and they are forbidden by the manufacturers from selling those to retail.
Hence you can buy a built PC but can't get that card retail wise.... daft I know but they have to go with the manufacturers instructions or they will get nothing.

Associate
They have already explained that, they have 2 types of stock, one for retail IE selling to us and one that comes for PC builds without all the pretty packaging etc probably cheaper to them and they are forbidden by the manufacturers from selling those to retail.
Hence you can buy a built PC but can't get that card retail wise.... daft I know but they have to go with the manufacturers instructions or they will get nothing.

The problem there being the fact that the pre-builds are coming with the retail boxes too, and the disparity between expected stock and the numbers that are actually being shipped...

Associate
Are you bloody kidding me OCUK’s just posted a new video on there YouTube channel prebuilt next day PC’s with rtx3080!!!
See for your self. https://youtu.be/tO9Qb7TFR9U
I hate this company now
@Gibbo I would like you to explain this! I understand about si stock but I can’t believe that regular retail stock is not going in these PC’s since you shipped next to none vs competitors and people have mentioned in this forum they had ordered pre-built PC’s from OCUK that came with the retail box for a rtx3080!
@Gibbo its time to get transparent with you customers and post a update to explain this

Associate
They have supposedly got 10,000 containers of un useable PPE blocking all storage at ports like Felixstowe etc, They should have them moved to a disused runway somewhere to allow all the imports in.

There are definitely issues with shipping and those could get even worse after Brexit proper. However, this does not explain why hardly any cards of certain 3080 models (Asus Strix OC/Non-OC, EVGA, etc.) have shipped. If you are prepared to splurge on a GPU, you can get a 3090. The 3090 FE was in stock for 12 hours or so, yesterday. Even though that card is poor value compared to a 3080, I suspect that was more than "an OK amount" in Gibbo-speak. So these cards are getting in the country. I suspect there is a multitude of reasons, none of which Gibbo or the vendor reps are prepared to admit to.

Back
Top Bottom