Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
There's always gonna be a day 0 patch with a game with such a tight development schedule. When a game breaks street date and people play it before the patch hits, you should always wait for the patch before judging it.

Soldato
There's always gonna be a day 0 patch with a game with such a tight development schedule. When a game breaks street date and people play it before the patch hits, you should always wait for the patch before judging it.

I know what you mean but the patch will only fix some bugs, it's not going to fundamentally change the game so I don't think it's entirely unfair to judge it as is.

Personally I'd forgive some dodgy NPCs, graphics and stability issues or some broken missions given the size and scale of this game.

Soldato
I’m the same but between Xbox series X and PS5.
I'm in same position, I'm leaning towards ps5 purely for quick load times.

Whilst won't benefit graphically the load times will make a massive difference.

My PC can't do ray tracing either due to GPU I have so when it eventually does get a next gen patch for ps5 I'll get the improvements however as it's single player once I finished it once I'm not likely to go back not straight away any way

Caporegime
I was a bit critical of the delays, but having experienced the frustration of the COD Black Ops release i'd rather have it that way than have a game sitting there I should be able to play.

Associate
Any idea based on earlier Xbox titles whether console owners can preload this before receiving the physical disk in the post? Given the disk only contains the license these days I dont see why it shouldn't be possible.

Soldato
Any idea based on earlier Xbox titles whether console owners can preload this before receiving the physical disk in the post? Given the disk only contains the license these days I dont see why it shouldn't be possible.
I think if you want to do this on Xbox with a physical copy coming you'd have to make a digital pre-order, download the game and then cancel your pre-order. Be warned though, I think you're at the mercy of Microsoft's refund policy.

If you change your mind and want to cancel your pre-order; you can do this up to 10 days before the game launches at account.microsoft.com/billing/orders. After this time; you may be billed and to cancel you'll need to request a refund.

Soldato

I was able to pre-load for AC Valhalla, and when I got the disc, and inserted, it just worked. No pre-ordering, no extra downloads.

Associate
If Series X is 60fps why hasn't there been any news about it ? That's a decent selling point.
Dude is playing on Xbox series X so going by what he is saying I expect 60fps......

I was also shocked by how blurry the game looks in Performance mode. I'm obviously not Digital Foundry, but it looked like 720p (or lower?) to me.

Soldato
I know what you mean but the patch will only fix some bugs, it's not going to fundamentally change the game so I don't think it's entirely unfair to judge it as is.

The patch is almost the entire reason the game was delayed though. If the version people are playing now is the version on the disc and hasn't updated at all, then it's likely that build is months old.

Soldato
The patch is almost the entire reason the game was delayed though. If the version people are playing now is the version on the disc and hasn't updated at all, then it's likely that build is months old.

The game has been in development in some fashion for 7 years... a few months will clean up the bugs, add some spit and polish, maybe put in some quality of life features but the bulk of the game will be as is, just less buggy.

Caporegime
I've considered getting this until I can get a PS5 but I can't help but think with the hype that has surrounded it could be anti-climactic.

Back
Top Bottom