• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 3090 hdmi socket seems too shallow.

Associate
So I have the inno 3d rtx3090 but the hdmi socket seems too shallow and cable doesn’t seem to go all the way in.
The hdmi plug seems to stick out of the socket by 5mm.
The actual GPU hdmi socket seems too shallow, no pins are sticking up in socket to obstruct the hdmi plug.
And I’m having issues with the LG C9 oled getting no signal message on cold boot. But ok on restart of PC.
I’ve used various hdmi cables all with the same issue of not fitting all the way in.
I’ll post pics after work.
Anybody else experienced this? I thought the hdmi cable would butt up snugly to the GPU shroud and not protrude

Associate
OP
It’s the same out of the case. The gold connector part of the cable doesn’t seem to fit all the way in the socket

Associate
OP
Well absolute nightmare. Pulled hdmi cable out GPU and hdmi connector in middle has snapped.
I knew there was something wrong with the socket.
Picture scrolling intermittently, hdmi socket only 7mm deep which left overhang 3mm left protruding from socket to cable.
Spoke to overclockers who said to send back for them to look at and evaluate. This wouldn’t of happened if the socket was not faulty.

Associate
OP
some photos showing the issue

hosting.phot
https://app.photobucket.com/u/sj360/p/e6f0ed6f-43ca-401d-8a39-d9121fc1b72c

the picture below shows the hdmi socket which when measured is only 7mm deep, which is why the cable didnt fit correctly

https://app.photobucket.com/u/sj360/p/16f4df1a-ef49-4402-8e89-bb73d5992704

and the picture below showing the internal connector now damaged

https://app.photobucket.com/u/sj360/p/e2c7707c-cc85-4f0e-b9c8-aee313035021

Associate
OP
That really shouldn't happen on such an expensive product. I hope you get it sorted.

thanks, i hope it gets sorted too, im gutted, i hoope overclockers come through for me, the card is literally 3 weeks old. definately a manufacturing issue in my eyes

Associate
OP
So shipped rtx3090 back to OC today for inspection. It’s been 29 days since I received it. Been looking at my consumer rights just in case.
Which states I have 30 days to ask for refund/ replacement of goods should they be faulty or develop a fault. So hopefully I should be ok as it wasn’t my fault
I guess I’ll wait to hear back from OC. Sent them loads of pics showing issue and explaination
Been in contact with Inno3d and just waiting for a reply too

Associate
It looks like from your second photo that part of the socket's outer shell was not aligned with the rest of the shell, so this was blocking full plug insertion. I think it was likely a manufacturing defect (misaligned or deformed socket), so I hope you are able to get that resolved soon.

Associate
OP
So OC have agreed RMA rtx3090. Can someone explain the process? Do they send back to manufacturer and await a new card or do they send out a new one from their own inventory. How long does process take

Caporegime
So OC have agreed RMA rtx3090. Can someone explain the process? Do they send back to manufacturer and await a new card or do they send out a new one from their own inventory. How long does process take
Best to ask them :)

In the customer service subforum, you should get an answer pretty swiftish. Usually theyre very good.

Soldato
I have same issue with rtx 3090 and LG OLED. Gone through four cards now, all FEs 3 X 3090 and 1 X 3080. Just seems to be a quirk with the TV and ampere for me when cold booting. Learned to live with it.

Of course your hdmi port breaking entirely is something else :eek:

Soldato
I have same issue with rtx 3090 and LG OLED. Gone through four cards now, all FEs 3 X 3090 and 1 X 3080. Just seems to be a quirk with the TV and ampere for me when cold booting. Learned to live with it.

Of course your hdmi port breaking entirely is something else :eek:

what issue?

Back
Top Bottom