Batman Arkham Knight - Official Thread!

Soldato
Not much in all 4 imo. Knight has the best gameplay, Origins the best told story, City the best setting and characters.

The Rogue's Gallery is really disappointing in Knight for me.

Associate
What are people's opinion on series ranking? I've played Arkham Asylum and City, but haven't tried Origins or Knight. Which one is better of the 2?

Although people slated Origins for the bugs, it's boss battles were the best of the series. Knight (now) is a very good Batman game, and if they'd never included the godforsaken tank battles, it would be perfect.

Like the Deathstroke fight in Origins. Epic, it really is. In Knight, the deathstroke fight is rubbish, utter pants actually.

Knight also excels in the sheer size of the map, the way you can have skins from the films, and the still steller to this day combat system.

It's just a shame you can't use the 2008 Batmobile skin from the beginning of the game. But then that goes back to the damn tanks. Grrrrrr !

Permabanned
Asylum is still my favourite. Theres just something I love about the enclosed nature of the setting but ,TBH, they are all excellent. Origins gets a lot of hate but I dont really understand why

Soldato
Asylum is my favourite too, and I have to say that I didn't particularly care for any of the others. The open world aspect of them just feels entirely pointless, and simply padding to extend the game without providing any meaningful content. The tighter, more focused nature of Asylum was far more appealing to me.

Caporegime
Initially I wasn't that keen on Origins but having just finished a replay last month, it is actually a lot better than what I originally thought, the boss fights are superb (far better than arkham knight ones), great story and the detective stuff is the best of all the games + whilst there isn't as much combat choice as arkham knight, I think I prefer it to AK, just feels & looks more realistic.

Soldato
I would say Asylum for me, I think in the move to open world it lost something.

That's not to say City or Origins is bad, in fact I agree that the Deathstroke fight in Origins is nothing short of brilliant.

Soldato
I would say Asylum for me, I think in the move to open world it lost something.

That's not to say City or Origins is bad, in fact I agree that the Deathstroke fight in Origins is nothing short of brilliant.

The problem was that as soon as Asylum was released people cried out for a larger world and when they did that people complained. I agree though that Asylum was the original and best as is the case with most things. I did enjoy City and I've still not finished Knight which tells its own story.

Man of Honour
I finished the game yesterday, I've done everything else except the firemen, dead body, Azrael and Riddler.

Getting a bit bored of just driving/gliding about waiting to spot something or hear something on the police scanner though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I finished the game yesterday, I've done everything else except the firemen, dead body, Azrael and Joker.

Getting a bit bored of just driving/gliding about waiting to spot something or hear something on the police scanner though.

Which game? Knight.

There isn't a joker side mission, he is in Bruce blood/psyche and the storyline finishes that plot

Soldato
So, how's this game run now?

It seems to be constantly very cheap, but I know it was awful on release. I'm undecided on whether to try the pc version or just stick with the ps4 one.

Specs

16GB
R9 290
Samsung 850 evo 500GB.

Will I be able to get 60 now? (don't mind the odd drop, long as it's 60 the majority of the time) or is it still a cap at 30 game for best experiance?

Thanks.

Caporegime
Game has ran great for a long time now, at least on my rig in sig. Make sure you stick it on a ssd though.

I can max the game out (without game works) and get a constant 60 FPS.

Associate
Thread revival
I already have the base game but If I bought the deluxe edition would it just add the season pass to steam or would it be a fresh install?
Just started playing this again tonight after getting it when it first came out 15% in. Never thought it would be so jumpy!:eek:.........playing in a dark room volume right up!

Soldato
OP
If you are now having trouble running the game Run Steam as Administrator fixes it not launching I just found on my system!

Soldato
Agree with other posters. I found Asylum to be the best of the lot but that doesn't mean this is a bad game. In Asylum everything just seemed to be better thought out. The Riddles were better rather than just finding the trophies in the later games with all of the daft puzzles in there. I much preferred the actual riddles themselves but I guess they run out. The forced use of the Bat Mobile was just pointless and was just a frustration rather than something enjoyable. A single chase scene with it in once would have been enough for me.

Whilst it was an open world it was also a closed world with a lot of the buildings just being locked off rather than explorable.

One other key thing which made Asylum so much better, to me, was that when you took out the guards they stayed down. I didn't like the infinite respawn on the later games.

M.

Back
Top Bottom