DIY Kitchens

Soldato
We put a kitchen in from DIY Kitchens about 5/6 years ago. Still looks great and wouldn’t hesitate to go back. Looking round the showroom certainly helped with the shopping list as there were lots of things I would have probably forgotten.

The only regret I have is not ordering the undercounter oven unit with a draw, but I’ll blame the Mrs for that one!

Associate
You do it yourself, however they’ll sit down and go through it all with you.

we are having a new kitchen soon and hear these folks recommended a lot

no idea how to go about it all though

I assume prices are fixed (another option Howden are very negotiable)

Do they do the design or do we need to sort all that?

Soldato
I recommend also maybe using the high streets to do you kitchen designs as their showroom is up north.

Once you've done that they'll convert the designs into a shopping cart for you and you can discuss further

Soldato
Really pleased with our kitchen from DIY kitchens, which we ordered in mid 2019. Two things we learnt - try and minimise anything with too many moving parts, as we ordered a swanky pull out larder that in hindsight is a bit complicated and likely to start going wrong. And you can never have enough storage space! Great customer service too, I needed a couple of extra hinges recently and they sent them free in the post.

Soldato
we are having a new kitchen soon and hear these folks recommended a lot

no idea how to go about it all though

I assume prices are fixed (another option Howden are very negotiable)

Do they do the design or do we need to sort all that?
You need to do the design. That's why their prices are fairly low is less design overheads.

I think they have a planner on their website to be fair.

Soldato
You need to do the design. That's why their prices are fairly low is less design overheads.

I think they have a planner on their website to be fair.

Just do as I suggested. They'll happily take wren designs or others and convert into a like for like shopping cart for you.

It's really worth getting advice, and knowing things like the triangle so make sure you design a kitchen with a good workflow (I thought wren design was crap mind you).

Really cool company.

Soldato
I recommend also maybe using the high streets to do you kitchen designs as their showroom is up north.

Once you've done that they'll convert the designs into a shopping cart for you and you can discuss further
That's what we did with Howdens. We nearly went with Wren but they don't offer 900mm units whereas Howdens and DIY do. They just take the bill of materials from Howdens and convert it.

Soldato
Just do as I suggested. They'll happily take wren designs or others and convert into a like for like shopping cart for you.

It's really worth getting advice, and knowing things like the triangle so make sure you design a kitchen with a good workflow (I thought wren design was crap mind you).

Really cool company.

Yeah could also do this, although Wren were particularly unkeen to give me parts list like this or even the design beyond the photos (as they know people do this). To be honest the guys advice was crap also and I wouldnt shop there again based on the "design" experience and the hard selling.

Fortunately I'm an engineer by trade so measuring up some cabinets I can just about manage :).

Soldato
Is it possible to just replace doors and worktop (from DIYK)? Having said that, last time I looked the bulk of the cost is the doors. Knobs are rather expensive too.

Associate
Excuse the lived in look, its a family home not a show home. Its not quite finished. We need a splash back and some blinds and bits of paint touching up. This is our second kitchen from them. The odd mix of chairs - we were testing out some different chairs to see what worked.

NaoenVp.jpg

BSDHveB.jpg yyBrN58.jpg

t8cUUR3.jpg

7K7JB5j.jpg OSISjTi.jpg
That's beautiful. Love the dark units.

Soldato
I've had two kitchens from DIYK and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

After sales service was great for me too. I found a light scratch on one of the doors, long after the 2 week period they give you to check for damage (I'd installed the units but left the protective film on the doors for a while). They asked for a photo, and upon seeing it sent me a replacement quickly and with no quibbles.

My kitchen

Ybz3fHF.jpg

KE1ecfv.jpg

Mum's

3eXIAlg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom