*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Warning - its native resolution on the quest 2 itself, but at the PC end its way way higher than 4k resolution, because the PC end has to render higher to account for the distortion of the display in the headset.

So 1.7 on the slider is actually rendering on the PC end at something in the region of 1.5x a 4k resolution. 4K is about 8 million pixels, which makes the PC rendering over 12 million pixels. You won't get 90 fps at that setting in many native pc games if any.
Time to break the legs of my 3080 then!

Soldato
is it steam you bought beat saber or something ?

cant you just use Oculus Link on the Quest to play Beat Saber ? if you want tether free, then yeah need to buy it again?

Or virtual desktop to remain tether free and not have to buy it again, but of latency, but just learn to swing a fraction of a second earlier :D.

Associate
Had another play with Assetto. Got much better performance out of it, even with world detail.set to High. Oddly it performs better in high than low or medium? The fix was to set my render resolution in Oculus to 1.4, 300 mbps compression, and turning off almost everything in the Custom Shaders patch. Got a fairly consistent 90fps and it looked pretty good. Turned off anisotropic filtering but maybe will try putting it back on. Also seems to work better with OpenVR rather than Oculus render. Will play more tomorrow. Benchmark was 90 witha low of 85 ish. Imagine less cars and it'd be pretty solid.

Tetherless Beat Sabre was a blast. Annoyed that I bought Superhot on Steamvr as the native Q2 version would be lovely. Same for Space Pirate Trainer. And let's not talk about what you can do in the Oculus browser.

All in all, pretty happy to be going with this instead of G2.

Soldato
Had another play with Assetto. Got much better performance out of it, even with world detail.set to High. Oddly it performs better in high than low or medium? The fix was to set my render resolution in Oculus to 1.4, 300 mbps compression, and turning off almost everything in the Custom Shaders patch. Got a fairly consistent 90fps and it looked pretty good. Turned off anisotropic filtering but maybe will try putting it back on. Also seems to work better with OpenVR rather than Oculus render. Will play more tomorrow. Benchmark was 90 witha low of 85 ish. Imagine less cars and it'd be pretty solid.

Tetherless Beat Sabre was a blast. Annoyed that I bought Superhot on Steamvr as the native Q2 version would be lovely. Same for Space Pirate Trainer. And let's not talk about what you can do in the Oculus browser.

All in all, pretty happy to be going with this instead of G2.

Glad you are getting better results :)

Soldato
Got a 25% off the Quest store until 10th December...any recommendations?

I've got the same. Personally I'm trying to decide whether to get either

Walking dead : saints and sinners
In death: unchained

Or possibly one of the multiplayer shooters like Onward or the recently released contractors?

Soldato
In Death: Unchained is my favourite Quest game right now. My Quest (apart from watching movies and TV shows on a giant cinema screen) might as well be a dedicated In-Death console. :D

Back
Top Bottom