• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
They are. MSI have supplied Gibbo with hundreds of 3080s (both Ventus & Trio) for retail customers and supplied me with 50 Ventus cards. You'll see when the systems are finished how many we had.
Im waiting for a msi 3080 I started at position 330 I'm now position 120. Why can't oc honestly tell me when you will be expecting to fulfil my order?

Commissario
Im waiting for a msi 3080 I started at position 330 I'm now position 120. Why can't oc honestly tell me when you will be expecting to fulfil my order?
Because unfortunately OCUK probably don't know given ScottiB's comment about not knowing exactly when a pallet direct from the manufacturer is due in, or that they don't necessarily know more than 24-48 hours in advance how much is coming from the distribution hub.
They've got the orders in with the manufacturers, distributors and whatnot, but the supply seems to be so short that they're at the mercy of their suppliers who don't seem to know how much they're getting to send to the retailers until they've got it in hand (about the only people that do know are Nvidia and possibly the manufacturers and they don't seem to be saying anything).

This means that any answer you'd get beyond what was confirmed as in transit to OCUK would probably be a guess based on what they've received so far, which is highly variable and could be out massively either way (even once they know they've got a shipment loaded into the van for them, you still have things that can go wrong*)

I expect OCUK would love to be able to tell you when they expect to fill your order, and everyone else's to within a few days but at the moment there are so many variables and the biggest one is simply how many cards are being made/where in the world they're being shipped and that's completely out of the control of retailers.

*Everyone who has worked in couriers/warehouses will probably have a forklift story where someone has rammed the forklift into something, usually expensive or important (like computers/laptop/wine), let alone the normal games of throw the package, bad loading or someone sending liquids without declaring it or packaging it properly.

Associate
GIGABYTE RTX 3080 Gaming OC (18/09 - 11:01)
02/10 - 237
15/10 - 216
23/10 - 208
30/10 - 199
06/11 - 188
13/11 - 139
20/11 - 138
27/11 - 114
04/12 - 103

Getting there, more worried about my hangover right now than my queue position though lol

Associate
GIGABYTE RTX 3080 Gaming OC (18/09 - 11:01)
02/10 - 237
15/10 - 216
23/10 - 208
30/10 - 199
06/11 - 188
13/11 - 139
20/11 - 138
27/11 - 114
04/12 - 103

Getting there, more worried about my hangover right now than my queue position though lol
gigabyte seems to be real solid with the number on there cards going out

Associate
I can assure you that Gibbo yells and swears at everyone involved everytime he spots this has happened. I have to agree with you, it does feel like priority is not always handled correctly.

Sounds like a really enlightened, forward thinking member of staff. Rubbish communication AND anger issues. Still, he’s got a shiney brum brum, so that’s ok.

Last edited:
Associate
because MSI can't tell us. Psychic powers aren't really our forte

Nothing that an excessive water-cooling setup for your brain couldn't help with. Stick some RGB lights on your head and boomph, you're a disco-inferno professor X, bubbling away all these disgruntled customers with your water-cooled psychic predictions. They wont want new computers/GPU when you tell them in explicit detail how they'll die.

Associate
For those interested as there was some debate yesterday, I shipped yesterday it will be here at 11 just got a text. Deslite DPD quoting me Monday last night.

Associate
after soul crashing queue update for TUF OC last night (only 15 down to 773) I decided to give myself some time off this forum, typing to let you guys know that DPD works on Saturday despite Monday-Friday deliveries that someon mentioned recently. I'll get Aorus Master, Noctua CPU fan and seasonic 750 from competitor (the one with updated schedules) delivered around 11. See you soon

Associate
after soul crashing queue update for TUF OC last night (only 15 down to 773) I decided to give myself some time off this forum, typing to let you guys know that DPD works on Saturday despite Monday-Friday deliveries that someon mentioned recently. I'll get Aorus Master, Noctua CPU fan and seasonic 750 from competitor (the one with updated schedules) delivered in an hour. See you soon
Enjoy your new toys mate

Back
Top Bottom