Recomend a good CPU waterblock block for AMD Ryzen

Associate
The TechN block looks great in terms of performance. However I couldn't use it in my current case without modding it, because I think it looks terrible. :(

Soldato
Bykski TR4 block, it's also compatible with AM4 albeit overkill, but who complains about overkill :p

6-HWs-RMS48y-IGjzu-Id-ORB0ecuwy-NOx-Fy8o-FVkgq3z8-MU.jpg

thats very interesting, I wonder if anyone has reviewed it on AM4. I have a supremacy EVO but I'm not sure I have the rubber bit to mount it to AM4. I'm also interested to see what the new EK quantum velocity Ryzen edition does. It's £125 with RGB, hopefully they'll release an all black no RGB Pom edition that's cheaper - though after jan presumably there'll be more taxes on stuff so I might grab it before Xmas if reviews are good

Associate
thats very interesting, I wonder if anyone has reviewed it on AM4. I have a supremacy EVO but I'm not sure I have the rubber bit to mount it to AM4. I'm also interested to see what the new EK quantum velocity Ryzen edition does. It's £125 with RGB, hopefully they'll release an all black no RGB Pom edition that's cheaper - though after jan presumably there'll be more taxes on stuff so I might grab it before Xmas if reviews are good
I have one on my 3900x with a 5700XT in the loop.

Soldato

I'm interested in the EK Quantum Velocity Ryzen edition as well. Looks a nice a nice block.

Currently running using the normal Quantum Velocity for AMD for my 5950X so I'm interested to see how much better the Ryzen edition is.

Soldato
I'm interested in the EK Quantum Velocity Ryzen edition as well. Looks a nice a nice block.

Currently running using the normal Quantum Velocity for AMD for my 5950X so I'm interested to see how much better the Ryzen edition is.

Out of interest what temps are you getting from your 5950 & velocity block?
Would like to compare with what temps I'm getting

Soldato
TechN is in stock now, as well as Heatkiller IV (both from Germany), the EK block still looks like it's input/output are in the wrong place - horizontal vs vertical, and it's more expensive than the 2 i mentioned...

Associate
The EK Ryzen Edition blocks are in stock at EK and have been for some time now, even though the add to cart button shows as ‘Pre Order’. I haven’t seen any reviews of the block unfortunately.

How are those of you with the TechN block getting on?

Associate
I’ve just received the quantum velocity ryzen edition from EK. I’m waiting on the CPU so I won’t be testing it yet but it looks and feels nicer than the intel quantum velocity I have here. It’s far more substantial.

Associate
35 idle. High 80’s when stress testing. That’s with PBO and CO.

It’s the highs under full load I’d like to see the improvement on with regards to the new EK block.

Ive got a velocity I'll be putting on tomorrow instead of an h150i. Got the techn coming as well. I'll let you know how they get on with temp. H150i doing a fine job tbh though and not seeing higher than 80deg with current 5900x, idle around 40-45 though.

Associate
Me too. I changed chip between h150 and velocity, temps were pretty much the same. Another chip arriving today / tomorrow and so is the techn so looking forward to the final install. Unfortunately won't be able to do a viable comparison with the same chip across all 3 blocks.

Associate
To add to the temp charts for the 5950x. I'm seeing die average from HWiNFO64 of 29-31c idle with a Phanteks C360A AM4 block on a 40% fan curve (758rpm) and 6c over ambient (22c -> 28c) liquid temp at 30% DDC pump speed (2300rpm).

Benching prime95 small FFT stress across all cores it bumps up to 75-78c with PBO and CO (after an hour the liquid is about 32c so 10 over ambient). About 54c with PBO disabled.

Associate
My TechN is due for delivery today. I'll stick some pics up and some pre and post temps on the 5600x.

I don't have a block for my 3080 FE yet so it'll be a Frankenstein soft tubing number until the EK are back in stock.

Back
Top Bottom