• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato
Yeah tempted to try some other bios to up the max power for the zotac 3090. There's just a couple of times it can clip the max PL under rtx games like quake 2. There's a few cards with the same input and output ports. 370w should be enough really

- (365w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/225725/palit-rtx3090-24576-200902
- (366w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/225493/evga-rtx3090-24576-200902
- (370w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/225579/inno3d-rtx3090-24576-200904
- (390w) https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/226727/226727 - but this one isn't verified

https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-nvidia-rtx-3090-owners-club.1753930/

There's a list of bios's.

For my 2X8 pin the gigabyte gaming OC @390W is the best so far.

Soldato
My 3090FE is at DPDs Peterborough depot, I can't imagine it will be delivered today, probably early next week now.

It's been an expensive month, SONOS ARC, new homebrew NAS with 32TB (RAID5), LG 48" OLED and a 3090 RTX (I can't afford a partridge in a pear tree now) :D ah well it's Christmas and I've been an exceptionally good boy this year!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
My 3090FE is at DPDs Peterborough depot, I can't imagine it will be delivered today, probably early next week now.

It's been an expensive month, SONOS ARC, new homebrew NAS with 32TB (RAID5), LG 48" OLED and a 3090 RTX (I can't afford a partridge in a pear tree now) :D ah well it's Christmas and I've been an exceptionally good boy this year!

Ho ho ho - you have been a busy boy!

Soldato
What was your original estimated delivery date?
I ordered mine on Thursday saying delivery between 7-11th.

Had same date on mine also. Just got message now saying will be delivered in an hour. Was honestly expecting it next week as following DPD parcel link in E-mail when it said item had been dispatched, kept saying item awaiting to be received by courier as of 20 mins ago then all of a sudden changed.

Soldato
What was your original estimated delivery date?
I ordered mine on Thursday saying delivery between 7-11th.

Had same date on mine also. Just got message now saying will be delivered in an hour. Was honestly expecting it next week as following DPD parcel link in E-mail when it said item had been dispatched, kept saying item awaiting to be received by courier as of 20 mins ago then all of a sudden changed.

Yeah mine said it was coming next week when I ordered, I had absolutely no expectation of it arriving today, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for Sat delivery

Associate
@archerz
ok so say you want to try and get a point at 850mv at 1850mhz.
Open up your After burner, Ctrl+F, gets you the Voltage/Frequency curve editor
Hit the default setting button on your msi afterburner and your curve will set to a default shape
Now here's the fun, where the line flattens out into a straight line at the maximum frequency, click a point and press Alt.
While holding down the alt key you can lower the whole curve. pull it down below to say 1700hhz.
Then just click your dot at 850mv and you can drag it to 1850mhz.
Then click Apply on your Afterburner.
It gets annoying because sometimes small incremental changes don't seem to register
Just done this and an instant 600 points increase in Port Royal. Thank you! :D

Soldato

Yeah mine said it was coming next week when I ordered, I had absolutely no expectation of it arriving today, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for Sat delivery
Fingers crossed I get it today:)

Soldato
y4mbSHtdG3Ww61k14drb6hfVj_zfjlh93ucPseJpBrzo9mH3Go9Xf4MLA6S_zKhP9klPS5rUxm3CVOL09X7N8J9aE_uNFgY1zbuLmE0-63JqUG0ioZZygAcgENeazlHvYlMvKlGCiwsTGnyUKdfcPUANtur-k7GrUsywmZTgZjmc5iUP4mk8_EAvKRB7uUeBfrE

I'll just leave this here ;)

Soldato
do you lose any of the output ports and if so which one?

I haven't been brave enough to try it :)

I started at page 1 and searched for "MSI" (using the browsers search option control+F) till I came across someone who had the same card as me.
And had flashed it.

You can do the same for your card.

Associate
After being stuck in the 3080 queue fiasco

I succumbed to a moment of weakness and desperation

Really impressed with the physical build quality - just have to install it now :)

D7ycFdg.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom