**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
So the S20 FE is now £399, or £499 for the 5G version, with cashback from Samsung.

Is the extra £100 worth it just for the CPU? 5G will more or less never be used as it's for someone not in the UK and they don't use it there yet.

Associate
So the S20 FE is now £399, or £499 for the 5G version, with cashback from Samsung.

Is the extra £100 worth it just for the CPU? 5G will more or less never be used as it's for someone not in the UK and they don't use it there yet.
Where can you see that? I can only see it at 749 on Samsung

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about it, they're selling literally thousands every week. Whatever issues are out there can't be that bad.

It's like the discussion previously about different chips, the internet has a bit of confirmation bias when you start looking for a problem.. thousands of people every week have no issues :)

Caporegime
After having my S20 FE 5g a couple of days I'm certainly not blown away by it.

I've gone from s7 edge to s20 FE 5g
So missed 8,9,10. So it's a 4 gen jump.

Camera is better. And it's battery is better (obviously as its new). But other than that, it's not really exciting.

Getting my s7 was amazing compared to my one plus one. This feels more like replacing a failing device.
Also loss of headphone port is a downgrade.

Really, only difference to myself is better battery life + better camera and loss of headphone port.

Everything else is just lost on me.

I certainly feel I made the right decision waiting years to upgrade. I guess it has really shown me how phones have stagnated.

Also I'm really glad I didn't get the ultra.

Last edited:
Soldato
After having my S20 FE 5g a couple of days I'm certainly not blown away by it.

I've gone from s7 edge to s20 FE 5g
So missed 8,9,10. So it's a 4 gen jump.

Camera is better. And it's battery is better (obviously as its new). But other than that, it's not really exciting.

Getting my s7 was amazing compared to my one plus one. This feels more like replacing a failing device.
Also loss of headphone port is a downgrade.

Really, only difference to myself is better battery life + better camera and loss of headphone port.

Everything else is just lost on me.

I certainly feel I made the right decision waiting years to upgrade. I guess it has really shown me how phones have stagnated.

Also I'm really glad I didn't get the ultra.

Its a solid no frills phone imo. Camera aside I think its amazingly good value for money but what were you expecting to be wowed by just out of interest? surely the 120hz screen is a huge upgrade alone?

Caporegime
Its a solid no frills phone imo. Camera aside I think its amazingly good value for money but what were you expecting to be wowed by just out of interest? surely the 120hz screen is a huge upgrade alone?

I guess I wasn't expecting to be wowed. I know there isn't much.

I don't notice the 120hz screen. It's lost on me.

In a perfect world I'd strip out even more. Bang the best camera on it and be happy. Obviously that's bad marketing.

It's good really. Means I don't have to think I'm missing out. In 2 years I can drop back to a 5-10ppm contract and use this phone until its unusable.

I think I was expecting more from the optical zoom. That's my main disappointment.

It's still a lot of cash on something that's only better for a camera. Is it better enough to justify the cost? Just about.

Really, if I think about it, since my very first mobile this is the least impressive upgrade.
4 years and 1 benefit. No wonder they are pushing folding phones.
Makes me wonder how many people are wasting so much money (ie who don't game etc) upgrading every year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom