*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Cob

Cob

Soldato
After fitting the new head strap I have noticed the blur I used to get in my right eye has gone. I thought it was IPD but it seems this allows the device to fit better. Perhaps this will help with the eye strain.
Same here. Far far faaaaaar easier to have the headset exactly where I need it to be.

I’ve been sim-racing all week with my Aliexpress strap and genuinely forgotten that I’m wearing a headset every single time I’ve been racing. No re-adjusting needed once I’ve settled in.

Associate
The guardian circle and wall is always visible, how do you get rid in games?

Don't know about the quest 2 but there is a way to turn it off on the original quest.
You need the headset to be in developer mode and then there is an option to disable the guardian boundary.
I do this if I'm by the desk playing Pcars 2 or Elite. Seems to disable camera passthrough though so I have to peep under the headset to see which of my cats is dangling off the controller.

You need to get a developer account to enable the mode, you might have allready done this if sideloading. Instructions are on the web.

Caporegime
Big screen has the option to play local files and also ones hosted on something like plex

Big screen doesn't work as good as some others for playing files via DLNA. It says it supports PLEX now, but I can't get it working well.

I use a free one, I can't remember which.

Soldato
I've got the same. Personally I'm trying to decide whether to get either

Walking dead : saints and sinners
In death: unchained

Or possibly one of the multiplayer shooters like Onward or the recently released contractors?

If you don't have them I can reccomend beatsaber, in death, eleven table tennis, the climb and thrill of the fight for quest . The last 3 of those are cross buy.

In Death: Unchained is my favourite Quest game right now. My Quest (apart from watching movies and TV shows on a giant cinema screen) might as well be a dedicated In-Death console. :D

Cheers, already have Saints and Sinners and Beat Saber on PSVR - In Death seems a common theme here...will check out reviews

Soldato
Anyone know of a list of games that use cloud save? I fancy trying a factory reset on my headset to try and clean up a few things that may be due to the updates. But it's not so bad that I want to lose a load of save progress (not that I have that much).

Permabanned
ok i am a noob at this.
i want to hook this upto my pc, i7 16gb ram and a gtx 980.

now can i play any vr games on that setup with the quest 2 via a cable ?
which cable would i need ?

also will the alien isolation mod game work too ?

sorry i am a noob

Back
Top Bottom