Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

V F

V F

Soldato
New TV for the remodelled lounge, sofas hopefully turning up on the 23 Dec, eekk!!

y4m1eVhN8Kf6AAwg7OmpuD56q_eDueC2XjTSfIN5MXpReilA_FT53PI11nNdKdFMqufMs0yESBTCAUIMW_pDKTuBALxuHOD21xb-YTrTyNwh8OKhdkRc2Syf3uBVZy8xBOVx1lhY30WBOhwXx5a-W9ruLGA-vJuZfUVE1Z9gmLtS-DDNe1dRbKL5nFLrRVv2477

SONOS ARC turns up tomorrow ;)

Love that feeling unwrapping a fancy new tv. "Oooo shiny" :D

V F

V F

Soldato
I'd be happier to just click my fingers and have it installed and ready.... than unwrap, assemble and install. A faff I'd rather pass on.

However.... An OLED is worth the faff!

That's why OLED makes it "oooooo" this big giant black shiny thin plate.

Soldato
Did they make a mistake and send you a 48" instead of a 65" :D

Nah it was a conscious decision, our lounge is "snug" so a 55/65" would have just been ludicrous, so it's quality instead of quantity in this case ;)

Sonos ARC coming tomorrow for some ATMOS goodness, looking forward to some 4K Lord of the Rings/Hobbit over Christmas!

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah it was a conscious decision, our lounge is "snug" so a 55/65" would have just been ludicrous, so it's quality instead of quantity in this case ;)
I kind of know that feeling well as i had my 65" OLED from the bedroom setup in the lounge for the last few weeks while repainting & putting a new floor in the bedroom
(The lounge TV is an old 50" Kuro pioneer)

Soldato
cx6hQXs.jpg

Philips Ambilight 65PUS8545, black friday deal. No way I'm paying OLED money so this was the next best thing :D

Chuffed to bits with it though :D My first 4k telly, first new TV for 10 years.... the ambilight feature seems really cool. My son was playing smash bros on it in that image, looking forward to watching some 4k football tonight, fingers crossed Leeds can surprise Chelsea :p

Soldato
Treated myself to a 34" UW as the prices were getting too tempting. Also decided I'd get an RX 6800 to power it for a while, still wanting the XT, but will see how this goes for now. Also added another 16GB of RAM to the PC too, running nicely now!

Need to re-arrange the desk a bit to accommodate the larger monitor..

4nzfBlC.jpg
Ckg3Ws4.jpg

Caporegime
Treated myself to a 34" UW as the prices were getting too tempting. Also decided I'd get an RX 6800 to power it for a while, still wanting the XT, but will see how this goes for now. Also added another 16GB of RAM to the PC too, running nicely now!

Need to re-arrange the desk a bit to accommodate the larger monitor..

4nzfBlC.jpg
Ckg3Ws4.jpg

The GPU market has been completely rocked. I still have more than enough power for now with a 2070 super but I'm patiently waiting for the next gen refresh models.

For example I cannot believe £300 now gets you a card which is capable of 4k 60 and 1440p high refresh gaming. And AMD now have cards capable of competing and completely dominating the market I hope they sort their software out. Anyone I know which has tried a amd gpu sent it back due to the software. I even had my own issues with a recent amd gaming laptop. Had to use DDU to resolve which I've never had to with Nvidia. I hope that side improves because competition is a great thing which has proven to be the case in both the cpu and gpu market. I'm watching the show for now but I could be tempted to go amd again if this continues. I already have an and CPU but not used an amd gpu in about a decade actually more like 15 years.

I got myself a Samsung G7 32 inch Odyssey last week and 240hz is a dream. I was tempted by ultra wide but I don't play much single player games. A new monitor is the best purchase for any of as it's what you look at 90% of the time if not more. Looks a great screen and a nice size.

Curious why you need 32GB of ram you must be a flight simulator fan. I've got nowhere near to even using more than 75% of 16GB.

In fact in my main game I normally have 11GB free. Ram is one thing I know I won't need to upgrade until DDR5 is required.

Caporegime
People use PCs for more than just gaming.

Yeah but those people tend to spec more ram to begin with and if they require it for work they don't tend to wait around for when they purchase a new monitor and gpu.

Unless of course the GPU is also for work usage. Which is why I asked. I'm curious if there are games out there really pushing the boundaries bar flight simulator.

For example if be curious if cyberpunk or anything else pushes 16gb past it's limits at high resolution. As I've not looked into cyberpunk yet but I'm tempted to get it as the hype has been massive.

Soldato
Yeah but those people tend to spec more ram to begin with and if they require it for work they don't tend to wait around for when they purchase a new monitor and gpu.

Unless of course the GPU is also for work usage. Which is why I asked. I'm curious if there are games out there really pushing the boundaries bar flight simulator.

For example if be curious if cyberpunk or anything else pushes 16gb past it's limits at high resolution. As I've not looked into cyberpunk yet but I'm tempted to get it as the hype has been massive.

I'm considering bumping mine up to 32GB. Not because games need 32GB, but I tend to run a lot of programs at once and have lots of tabs open in FF/Chrome. I've come close to using the full 16GB in game and have exceeded it when using Photoshop before.

Soldato

Or, strangely enough people's requirements evolve over time, and I suspect that not everyone is upgrading that regularly... As newer versions of products are released their requirements potentially increase and whilst 16GB might have been plenty a year or two ago, maybe for the same workload it isn't anymore or the workload has changed or increased.

Soldato
16GB was fine for gaming when I built the PC but with work from home and using the PC for more power hungry uses occasionally, and the fact the upgrade of RAM was 'only' 90 quid, it was a choice just when I happened to be ordering the monitor too. Plus being able to game and not worry about having things in the background causing any issues, a little less hassle.

Back
Top Bottom