• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
img_6389knj23.jpg

img_6390kbjoc.jpg

img_639159j28.jpg

img_6392zdkqv.jpg

cables directly to psu

maybe later I will solder all wires together and make output of 2x 4mm wires

Last edited:
Associate
I manage to find one rtx 3080 and is gaming oc, just ordered it, is problem still hapening indont know should just refund it im ordering from germany i really dont wanna rma it and sending it back. Idk what to do

Associate
I just got a 3080 Gaming OC here in Canada and at least 1 pin on each connector is bent, preventing me from fully inserting my PSU cables. The serial # states that it is a wk 42 card and I can confirm that the GPU is using the newest connector block, no heat shrink, but using cable ties to organize the wiring. Highly disappointing to have to deal with especially since its a such a premium product, and since this was supposed to be "fixed". I have already contacted my retailer to start the RMA process.

Associate
Sorry to hear about your 3080 from Canada. I picked mine up off of a FB Marketplace seller when I was desperate and It's been fine. It was in the Toronto Canada area too!

I am currently waiting for the Alphacool waterblock to put it in my loop. Im so annoyed about the back extension cables that will have to just dangle LOL. I bought the Lian Li Addresable 8PIN RGB cable too so it can look sexy and now its going to have to look like *****.

Great conversation though on this thread.

I think I'm going to be 3M double sided taping the molex connecters on the REAR of the card (as its vertically mounted) so at least I can plug in the power from the top and it somewhat looks normal and not dangling of the end...

I will report back with some photos as soon as this block comes - should be shipping by end of this week.

Associate
Sorry to hear about your 3080 from Canada. I picked mine up off of a FB Marketplace seller when I was desperate and It's been fine. It was in the Toronto Canada area too!

I am currently waiting for the Alphacool waterblock to put it in my loop. Im so annoyed about the back extension cables that will have to just dangle LOL. I bought the Lian Li Addresable 8PIN RGB cable too so it can look sexy and now its going to have to look like *****.

Great conversation though on this thread.

I think I'm going to be 3M double sided taping the molex connecters on the REAR of the card (as its vertically mounted) so at least I can plug in the power from the top and it somewhat looks normal and not dangling of the end...

I will report back with some photos as soon as this block comes - should be shipping by end of this week.

solution is on prevoius page

img_6389knj23.jpg

Soldato
@GIGA-Man

I've been trying to organise a replacement power connector with you since last weekend.

My last email bounced back with:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

UK Marketing ([email protected])
Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to contact the recipient's email system it didn't respond.

The email I sent before that one wan't responded to.

I've had an email about a collection for the card, but the collection never happened.

I'd appreciate some help getting this sorted. I really don't want to have to RMA the card.

Update:

DPD have now picked up my parcel.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got mine today and right enough, Old connectors and one bent pin. Managed to bend the pin back but now i've sent a email to gigabyte about it. Just shocking considering mines is a 3090, Not a cheap card.

Associate
Got mine today and right enough, Old connectors and one bent pin. Managed to bend the pin back but now i've sent a email to gigabyte about it. Just shocking considering mines is a 3090, Not a cheap card.

Sorry but +550 euros for a 3070 or 800 for 3080 are not a cheap cards, the fact that you chose to pay +1500€ for a better card, dosent mean that a +550 euros is a cheap card.

They have the same quality, (bad in this case) with the difference that the 3090 is more powerful in terms of performance, but not for this reason , from what can I understand from your words, anything below your 3090 is a cheap card, dude comon...don't be so preppy

Associate
OP
Can anyone confirm if this is the new connector or not? WK42 Gaming OC. Thanks.

xLNveSi.jpg

It looks like that is the new block did your power connectors plug in ok ?

Looks like it's cable tied, which would be the old design. Mine is week 42 with the same.

yeah the cable tie thing can be misleading looking at the blocks it does seem to be on the new one

Associate
OP
Sorry but +550 euros for a 3070 or 800 for 3080 are not a cheap cards, the fact that you chose to pay +1500€ for a better card, dosent mean that a +550 euros is a cheap card.

They have the same quality, (bad in this case) with the difference that the 3090 is more powerful in terms of performance, but not for this reason , from what can I understand from your words, anything below your 3090 is a cheap card, dude comon...don't be so preppy

i do not think they was meaning it that way at all ... maybe just saying it was faulty and being the expensive one..either way everybody should be annoyed if they get this fault on there new cards.. I have said it so many times now that this was a bad route gigabyte took with this design.

Back
Top Bottom