• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Started new game plus for spider Man miles Morales as aiming for plat.

Really enjoying the game, great visually and lots of fun, already looking forward to the next one

Soldato
Not really PS5 related at all but, I took a photo of my screen to quickly share with a friend on WhatsApp and noticed the screen didn't have those weird wavy lines like if you do it on a monitor. Is that something to do with the way oled works?

Soldato
Started new game plus for spider Man miles Morales as aiming for plat.

Really enjoying the game, great visually and lots of fun, already looking forward to the next one
Same. I'd go as far as saying that I enjoyed that more than the original which I felt dragged on a bit too long.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got 3 on order for me (sons arrived at launch from smyths) EE order on 19th still no sign of it, BT order says by 15th and Smyths order by 18th, got a few people that I know who will take the spares off my hands at cost but just want one to actually show up!

Soldato
Currently have the disk version of miles morales. If I upgrade to the ultimate version online, I’m guessing I’ll still need the disk to play? What about playing the ps5 version of Spider-Man? Will I need the disk for that?
You don’t need a disc for the Remastered Spider-Man upgrade once you’ve upgraded as it’s a digital release as such. I’ve not got MM anymore but I’m still playing the remaster.
You’ll always need a disc for MM.

Soldato
Same. I'd go as far as saying that I enjoyed that more than the original which I felt dragged on a bit too long.
I felt it did improve over the original in parts, can't say I preferred as such as I really enjoy them both.

I did like ending for miles game so very interested to see how it plays out in sequel

Soldato
Side panel spraying has commenced. I've messed up a bit in one corner but doesn't matter as this is a trial run to see how it looks and if I want to do the other the other side. Should have pics up this evening when it's dried properly. Just did third coat.

Associate
Side panel spraying has commenced. I've messed up a bit in one corner but doesn't matter as this is a trial run to see how it looks and if I want to do the other the other side. Should have pics up this evening when it's dried properly. Just did third coat.
Really interested to see the results, thinking of doing the same.

Soldato
I felt it did improve over the original in parts, can't say I preferred as such as I really enjoy them both.

I did like ending for miles game so very interested to see how it plays out in sequel
Yeah, I liked the original but the 5 gang events in each region, then another 5 for different baddies, then another 5 for Hammerhead's crew broke me. I platinumed the game and the dlc but it was a real slog by the time I got to the dlc because of the repetition.

The NG+ playthrough without any of that stuff was much more enjoyable.

Soldato
Really interested to see the results, thinking of doing the same.

It will be sat in the warm for next 4 hours then I'll do some pics. I'm really bad at taking photos but I got a new phone so it is capable.

Edit: As suspected the photos make it all look bad, it really highlights all the fibres that are on it, I've cleaned it a few times but they show up badly on photos. I'll pick the best ones and upload.
Going to let it dry a bit longer then try clean it properly because the photos look like its covered in fibres.

Here is the best of a bad bunch, the finish is not shiny but it is metallic so you can see the flecks in it. Also, I have not sprayed the other side of the panel so you will see some white on it in some photos. Ultimately it was fun to experiment but I'll probably go back to how it was.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine randomly shut down earlier when playing Miles Morales. Screen froze during a cut scene then it switched off, took a few mins for it to power back on with a storage drive repair message.

Doesn't fill me with confidence that both the Series X and PS5 have frozen then shut down when playing :(

Associate
Just had my first system crash booted it up and it crashed on home screen restarted and screen went black.
I had to hold power button to turn it off and disconnected the external ssd hopefully it's OK now.

Soldato
For those of you that are struggling to find a workaround with chatmix with the mics on your headsets, because of the lack of an optical input on the Ps5. Stick the optical lead in to the optical input on the back of your TV, or in my case the optical input on my soundbar. If neither of those options are viable then buy an Astro HDMI audio adapter for the Ps5 which comes with all the leads you'll need.

Looks like its in america only, and UK peeps have to choose from the various white lable chinese products.

Back
Top Bottom