Budget gaming pc

Associate
Hi,

My boy has asked for a pc for Xmas and has a budget of £600 he has a monitor. I know its not massive amount of cash for pc gaming but just trying to get best value i can for the money and willing to build it myself.

What would you guys/gals recommend?

Associate
If you need to save that extra few pennies, you can change the case choice to under £40 Goto down to 35 and the extra few quid could possibly get a m.2 ssd drive. Not 100% sure but I think they are better than normal ssd. Someone here may know better

Associate
OP
If you need to save that extra few pennies, you can change the case choice to under £40 Goto down to 35 and the extra few quid could possibly get a m.2 ssd drive. Not 100% sure but I think they are better than normal ssd. Someone here may know better
If it makes it better I'd be happy to pay slightly more, I'm just trying to stop the price running away.

Associate
Yea, as a baseline, m.2 drives are double the speed and only a few quid more. I have literally just ordered a setup yesterday and gone for a 1tb. You would go for the 512gb. I spent 800 almost including buying a 10600k and a 1650 super gtx. But what you are aiming to build is a brilliant piece of kit. Go for the m.2. Have a look at the cases though, cause there are quite a few to choose from.

Soldato
Would you recommend amd over intel For price? Been awhile since I've been involved in pcs but thats how I remember it being.
AMD is more expensive than intel now as the high end performs better than intels chips but even where the chips perform on par like the 3600 vs 10400F AMD is priced higher.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £378.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Associate
OP
My lad has decided he wants to add some of his own money, what adjustments would you suggest? Hes willing to add £200. So that would push my budget to £850

Associate
Hes wants to play minecraft,fortnite and rust

The system mentioned previously by mickyflinn will be perfectly fine for those games as they're not too taxing on current hardware. Maybe stretch to a 1TB M.2 drive if you can in case he wants to add some more games later on? A GPU with a bit more VRAM would be good for newer games too if you can find one at a decent price?

Soldato

Thanks for this helped a lot my cousin just asked me to look into gaming PC birthday gift for his kid budget around £700 pretty much added the same but MSI MAG B460M MORTAR WIFI and Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB NVME all so far £497.67 just looking into the graphics card is it worth getting the 1660 super only one I see in stock and would only slightly go over budget

Thanks

Man of Honour
Thanks for this helped a lot my cousin just asked me to look into gaming PC birthday gift for his kid budget around £700 pretty much added the same but MSI MAG B460M MORTAR WIFI and Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB NVME all so far £497.67 just looking into the graphics card is it worth getting the 1660 super only one I see in stock and would only slightly go over budget

Thanks
The 1660 super is a great card and is about 20% faster than the 1650 super and will allow you to play games at 1440p.

If only slightly over budget then i would go for it .

Back
Top Bottom