Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Soldato
The GPU market has been completely rocked. I still have more than enough power for now with a 2070 super but I'm patiently waiting for the next gen refresh models.

For example I cannot believe £300 now gets you a card which is capable of 4k 60 and 1440p high refresh gaming. And AMD now have cards capable of competing and completely dominating the market I hope they sort their software out. Anyone I know which has tried a amd gpu sent it back due to the software.

I'm still dubious about AMD GPUs because of bad experiences back in the 2000's. Once that trust is lost it's damned hard to get back.

I wanted to upgrade this year but given the current prices and scalping, it can wait. Not paying stupid money.

Caporegime
I'm still dubious about AMD GPUs because of bad experiences back in the 2000's. Once that trust is lost it's damned hard to get back.

I wanted to upgrade this year but given the current prices and scalping, it can wait. Not paying stupid money.

I'd buy anything that comes well recommend and reviewed. That's the difficult thing these days with YouTubers who are sponsored or paid to give good reviews you cannot just trust them blindly.

AMD is fine hardware wise now. I've not checked how hot they run or how much power they use but my main concern other than those two is the software.

I've owned at least 3 AMD gpu and at least 6 AMD CPU and probably around 20 Nvidia gpu and at least 10 Intel CPU over the years. I make a decision based on the current market.

You can't let bad experiences ruin your views forever. Companies change over time to the point the best become non existent and mediocre ones become top dogs. Some reigns last a year others a lifetime. Swings and roundabouts. Never say never.

If AMD can sort their software out they would be a lot more popular it's the only major thing that's stopping me.

You can get a 3060ti for a few quid over £300 iirc and albeit stock is an issue IMO it's the best value for money card and has more power than a 1080ti that it completely stomps it. I think this war is going to be very good for the value conscious buyer. Other than the 3060ti I like the look of the 6800xt from AMD.

I'm personally waiting now for the 4000 series and their refresh. I've learned that from the past 3 generations always wait for the refresh.

1070ti
2070super
3060ti

So I'll be looking at the 4060 or 4070 super or whatever their refresh cards are. I think they are going to be my next upgrade.

I'll need to post a picture of my new screen tomorrow. It's a beauty. I don't know why so many people are against curved screens yet are fine with people using dual and triple screens with huge bezels in the middle at a slant from each other.

Soldato
Some much needed extra games storage.

c238180c384793882f36c318e496febd.md.jpg
Have you seen this ?
Adata Switches to Slower Controller, NAND on SX8200 Pro | Tom's Hardware

Soldato
cx6hQXs.jpg

Philips Ambilight 65PUS8545, black friday deal. No way I'm paying OLED money so this was the next best thing :D

Chuffed to bits with it though :D My first 4k telly, first new TV for 10 years.... the ambilight feature seems really cool. My son was playing smash bros on it in that image, looking forward to watching some 4k football tonight, fingers crossed Leeds can surprise Chelsea :p

We just got a 4K Telly and to be honest non 4K viewing is ghastly and as most TV seems to be non 4K or even HD I'd rather swap it out for the old TV we had.

Soldato
We just got a 4K Telly and to be honest non 4K viewing is ghastly and as most TV seems to be non 4K or even HD I'd rather swap it out for the old TV we had.

Fortunately most content i watch is at least HD, so it doesn't look bad as far as i can tell. I was watching sky sports UHD last night and that was fantastic......minus the result.....Standard non HD channels though are diabolical, thankfully i don't think there's many channels like that i watch. The worst ones are when the kids are watching an old episode of the simpsons or something, looks very stretched regardless of the HD channel. Things will improve over time :)

Soldato
Fortunately most content i watch is at least HD, so it doesn't look bad as far as i can tell. I was watching sky sports UHD last night and that was fantastic......minus the result.....Standard non HD channels though are diabolical, thankfully i don't think there's many channels like that i watch. The worst ones are when the kids are watching an old episode of the simpsons or something, looks very stretched regardless of the HD channel. Things will improve over time :)

All I watch is the news and F1 but one cant get F1 HD on its own and i'm not a football person really so for me the TV was a waste of money :).

Thats not our TV but thats how it looks
gCWU2q1.jpg

Caporegime

What are you watching that is SD?

Also the better TV you buy the better the upscaling will be. Buy a cheap TV with crap upscaling there is always going to be issues. Especially on things like hisense where their colour processing is absolutely shocking on the UK models.

OLED iirc handles SD content far better. Also Phillips is a budget brand within the TV market to say it's the next best thing to oled is like saying a ford focus is the next best thing to an Aston Martin.

The top 4 TV's to buy this year and catering for all budgets are

LG oled
Sony XH90/XH95
Samsung Q80T
Samsung TU8000

You can pick up like a 75 inch tu8000 for like £900 iirc on a deal. It's the best cheap TV you can get for the money. Good for gaming too but won't do 120hz.

Q80T is best budget to mid end gaming TV and will do 120hz.

Sony XH90 is now entering mid to high end territory for a very good price point.

LG oled is the best so high end but also the most expensive. Most people would be happy with any of the others tbh only those who truly know what to look for and appreciate the difference will really appreciate an oled.

Yeah people will say it looks stunning but I'd argue put the Sony in front of them they would likley say the same so long as the oled wasn't right next to it.

Back
Top Bottom